TomTom (TOM2) has today launched the world's first NDS* powered navigation portal giving users access to fresher maps. This portal called "MyDrive" can be used to plan trips in advance, view the Traffic situation on the road and manage favorites - thus providing a seamless experience to end-users across their entire journey.
MyDrive uses TomTom Traffic, TomTom navigation software and TomTom global maps in NDS format, the innovative worldwide automotive map standard. This is another important milestone to realising real-time maps, a crucial component to enabling Highly Automated Driving cars in the future.
"We are on track with our ambition to become the leading provider of technologies for automated driving," said Jan-Maarten De Vries, VP Product Management, TomTom Automotive, "The launch of our MyDrive portal is another important step to fuel the inevitable spread of ADAS** which will later evolve into Highly Automated Driving".
The new portal is now live and publically available to all.
* Navigation Data Standard (NDS) is the open standard for automotive-grade maps, created by an association of car manufacturers, application developers and map and service providers, such as TomTom.
** Advanced Drivers Assistance Systems, or ADAS, are systems to help the driver in the driving process. When designed with a safe Human-Machine Interface, they should increase car safety and more generally road safety.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4