TomTom (TOM2) has today launched the world's first NDS* powered navigation portal giving users access to fresher maps. This portal called "MyDrive" can be used to plan trips in advance, view the Traffic situation on the road and manage favorites - thus providing a seamless experience to end-users across their entire journey.
MyDrive uses TomTom Traffic, TomTom navigation software and TomTom global maps in NDS format, the innovative worldwide automotive map standard. This is another important milestone to realising real-time maps, a crucial component to enabling Highly Automated Driving cars in the future.
"We are on track with our ambition to become the leading provider of technologies for automated driving," said Jan-Maarten De Vries, VP Product Management, TomTom Automotive, "The launch of our MyDrive portal is another important step to fuel the inevitable spread of ADAS** which will later evolve into Highly Automated Driving".
The new portal is now live and publically available to all.
* Navigation Data Standard (NDS) is the open standard for automotive-grade maps, created by an association of car manufacturers, application developers and map and service providers, such as TomTom.
** Advanced Drivers Assistance Systems, or ADAS, are systems to help the driver in the driving process. When designed with a safe Human-Machine Interface, they should increase car safety and more generally road safety.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Project Scorpio's GPU is 4.5x faster than Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda runs on GTX 745, has FOV slider
- 'La La Land', 'Arrival' lead Oscar nominations
- Xbox boss 'really happy' on Project Scorpio's progress
- First footage of Nintendo Switch's touchscreen in action
- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Asrock B150M-HDS problem
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017