TomTom (TOM2) has today launched the world's first NDS* powered navigation portal giving users access to fresher maps. This portal called "MyDrive" can be used to plan trips in advance, view the Traffic situation on the road and manage favorites - thus providing a seamless experience to end-users across their entire journey.
MyDrive uses TomTom Traffic, TomTom navigation software and TomTom global maps in NDS format, the innovative worldwide automotive map standard. This is another important milestone to realising real-time maps, a crucial component to enabling Highly Automated Driving cars in the future.
"We are on track with our ambition to become the leading provider of technologies for automated driving," said Jan-Maarten De Vries, VP Product Management, TomTom Automotive, "The launch of our MyDrive portal is another important step to fuel the inevitable spread of ADAS** which will later evolve into Highly Automated Driving".
The new portal is now live and publically available to all.
* Navigation Data Standard (NDS) is the open standard for automotive-grade maps, created by an association of car manufacturers, application developers and map and service providers, such as TomTom.
** Advanced Drivers Assistance Systems, or ADAS, are systems to help the driver in the driving process. When designed with a safe Human-Machine Interface, they should increase car safety and more generally road safety.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 9 to come in two OLED models - 5.28 and 6.46-inch
- Aerocool unveils first gaming chair with edge lighting
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017