Vuzix iWear® AV310 Widescreen is Now Shipping Globally
World's first widescreen personal media viewer has a 16:9 aspect ratio, 3D capabilities and independent focal adjustment all in a sub-$250 price point
Rochester, NY - February 19, 2009 - Vuzix Corporation is excited to announce the widespread retail availability of the iWear® AV310 Widescreen. The AV310 projects a virtual 52' screen from 9-feet and will run for five full hours on a single AA battery. Additionally, the AV310 offers independent focus adjustment and an adjustable nosepiece and earphones for unmatched long term comfort. Users can also expect improved compatibility, as the AV310 is compatible with all NTSC or PAL devices with a video output.
"We are certainly sensitive to the economic climate and have redirected research and development efforts to accommodate budgetary constraints," said Vuzix CEO Paul Travers. "The iWear® AV310 Widescreen provides state-of-the-art technology at a price point far below anything our competition has to offer," added Travers.
Compatible devices include:
All iPod models
Portable media players
Cellular phones with video output
The AV310's high quality features include:
Virtual 52' screen viewed from 9-feet
Full 16:9 Widescreen Aspect Ratio
Independent +2 to -5 diopter focus, providing individual adjustment for each eye
Twin high-resolution LCD displays
"Vuzix' 3D" watermark compliant
Removable and comfort fit earbuds
Adjustable, hypoallergenic nosepiece
AccuTilt viewer with 15 degrees of tilt adjustment
Up to 5 hours of battery life on one AA battery
On screen display settings control
For use with or without eyeglasses
This first-ever consumer personal media viewer with a true widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio had its production increased due to capturing higher than expected market share. Company executives attribute the proportionately higher sales to due the products unique combination of high tech features and compelling affordability. Additionally, Vuzix Corporation was able to strengthen current retail distribution relationships while developing new partnerships at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show.
The AV310 will be available at Brookstone, SkyMall, MicroCenter, Hammacher Schlemmer and Vuzix.com.
For specific product information, please visit http://www.vuzix.com/iwear/.
For more information about Vuzix Corporation, please visit http://www.vuzix.com.
About Vuzix Corporation.
Vuzix Corporation manufactures personal display devices for the entertainment, defense and medical markets. Vuzix products provide users with a portable and private big screen experience that delivers big screen mobile entertainment in the consumer markets, low vision assist in the medical markets and tactical information in the defense markets. The company is revolutionizing the mobile display industry and aims to continue to create products that enrich the lives of its customers.
Vuzix has won six CES Innovations Awards since 2005, the 2008 RetailVision Best New Product - Hardware Award, the awards for the 2006 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation of the Year Award for European Mobile & Wireless services and has been named the 12th fastest growing privately held company in Rochester, NY by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle and awarded one of Inc. 500 magazines' fastest 5000 companies. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a privately held company with offices in Rochester, NY, London, UK and Tokyo, Japan. For more information, please visit: http://www.vuzix.com.
Latest News Posts
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Iron Tides is a Final Fantasy Tactics Viking roguelite
- The Last Guardian goes gold after 9 years in development
- Bethesda throws a massive game sale on Steam
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook