D-Link today announced immediate availability of its new Wireless AC1200 Concurrent Dual Band Outdoor Access Point with PoE (DAP-3662). Designed with weather-resistant features and an IP67-rated housing, the DAP-3662 is an ideal solution for creating outdoor wireless hot spot networks in high-demand business applications.
The DAP-3662 delivers reliable, high-speed wireless performance using the latest 802.11ac standard, with maximum wireless signal rates of up to 300 Mbps using the 2.4 GHz band, and 867 Mbps using the 5 GHz band. It supports impressive device densities and offers optimal range and coverage over both bands.
"In addition to outdoor applications, the DAP-3662 can be installed in environments where challenging or harsh conditions exist," added Steven Olen, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "This includes manufacturing plants, industrial automation facilities, convention halls, stadium facilities, airports, school campuses, golf courses, marinas or virtually any venue requiring a robust, high performance wireless solution."
The DAP-3662 was designed for maximum flexibility and utility. It has internal omnidirectional antennas, supports operating temperatures between -22 degrees and 140 degrees Fahrenheit, and has two 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, so it can also bridge to other wired networks. It can be powered directly via the network cable using Power over Ethernet (PoE) from any switch or midspan injector that supports IEEE 802.3af. An innovative mounting bracket supports installation on a pole, wall, or ceiling with ease. And integrated GORE Venting Technology repels water while ensuring pressure equalization inside the device as weather conditions change.
Additional benefits include:
- Strong Security and Authentication Features: Maintains a highly secure network with WPA/WPA2 Personal/Enterprise encryption, MAC address filtering, wireless LAN segmentation, SSID broadcast disable, rogue AP detection, wireless broadcast scheduling, and up to eight VLANs per band for implementing multiple SSIDs.
- Multiple Operation Modes: Supports Access Point, Wireless Distribution System (WDS) with Access Point, WDS/Bridge, or Wireless Client operation modes.
- Captive Portal: Supports built-in Authentication and Billing Options.
- Multiple Management Options: Manageable via web (HTTP), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Secure Shell (SSH), and Telnet. For advanced network management, administrators can use D-Link Central Wi-Fi Manager to configure and manage multiple access points remotely from different locations.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty: Carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty, furthering D-Link's commitment to product quality and long-term customer confidence.
The new DAP-3662 wireless access point is currently available for $489.99 through D-Link's vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers and distributors and online retailers.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99