D-Link today announced immediate availability of its new Wireless AC1200 Concurrent Dual Band Outdoor Access Point with PoE (DAP-3662). Designed with weather-resistant features and an IP67-rated housing, the DAP-3662 is an ideal solution for creating outdoor wireless hot spot networks in high-demand business applications.
The DAP-3662 delivers reliable, high-speed wireless performance using the latest 802.11ac standard, with maximum wireless signal rates of up to 300 Mbps using the 2.4 GHz band, and 867 Mbps using the 5 GHz band. It supports impressive device densities and offers optimal range and coverage over both bands.
"In addition to outdoor applications, the DAP-3662 can be installed in environments where challenging or harsh conditions exist," added Steven Olen, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "This includes manufacturing plants, industrial automation facilities, convention halls, stadium facilities, airports, school campuses, golf courses, marinas or virtually any venue requiring a robust, high performance wireless solution."
The DAP-3662 was designed for maximum flexibility and utility. It has internal omnidirectional antennas, supports operating temperatures between -22 degrees and 140 degrees Fahrenheit, and has two 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, so it can also bridge to other wired networks. It can be powered directly via the network cable using Power over Ethernet (PoE) from any switch or midspan injector that supports IEEE 802.3af. An innovative mounting bracket supports installation on a pole, wall, or ceiling with ease. And integrated GORE Venting Technology repels water while ensuring pressure equalization inside the device as weather conditions change.
Additional benefits include:
- Strong Security and Authentication Features: Maintains a highly secure network with WPA/WPA2 Personal/Enterprise encryption, MAC address filtering, wireless LAN segmentation, SSID broadcast disable, rogue AP detection, wireless broadcast scheduling, and up to eight VLANs per band for implementing multiple SSIDs.
- Multiple Operation Modes: Supports Access Point, Wireless Distribution System (WDS) with Access Point, WDS/Bridge, or Wireless Client operation modes.
- Captive Portal: Supports built-in Authentication and Billing Options.
- Multiple Management Options: Manageable via web (HTTP), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Secure Shell (SSH), and Telnet. For advanced network management, administrators can use D-Link Central Wi-Fi Manager to configure and manage multiple access points remotely from different locations.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty: Carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty, furthering D-Link's commitment to product quality and long-term customer confidence.
The new DAP-3662 wireless access point is currently available for $489.99 through D-Link's vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers and distributors and online retailers.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- ZOTAC has your back with GTX 1070-powered VR GO backpack
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- Halloween Sale: Under $7 for Evil Within & Mad Max
- ZOTAC's new mini PC packs full-sized GeForce GTX 1080
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards