Synology America Corp. today announced the release of its latest RackStation NAS with the RS814. The RS814 is a high-performance 4-bay 1U server designed to scale up to 8 drives when using an RX410 expansion module.
Optimized for SMB environments, the RS814 provides scalability for growing companies, and productive uptime. Building on top of its predecessor's success, the new RackStation provides the award-winning DiskStation Manager OS with performance that small businesses need, exceeding 200 MB/s for read task and 130 MB/s for write. With the dual NIC configuration, it enables MPIO failover support for additional network redundancy.
As with previous four-bay RackStations, the RS814 has passive cooling on the CPU, which eliminates a potential point of failure. Adaptive fans compensate to keep the system cool in the event of fan malfunction. Its dual-core processor includes a floating-point unit (FPU), which reduces the load when creating file previews. It also includes a RAM increase, offering 1GB; which renders a significant improvement on multitasking.
Shipping with DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.3, the RS814 takes advantage of DSM's business oriented features including:
- Web Station with PHP/MySQL enables the RS814 to host up to 30 websites
- VPN Server - for providing a secure way of connecting to your LAN from a remote location
- Cloud Station - keeps files, file types, and folders in sync across all devices
- AD and LDAP integration - easily deploy Synology products into your existing environment
"The RS814 is designed to meet the needs of small and medium business users," said Thadd Weil, Public Relations Specialist at Synology America Corp. "When you combine its performance, scalability and cost, the RS814 adds up to an excellent value."
For more information, please go to: http://www.synology.com/en-us/products/overview/RS814
Synology RS814 now shipping globally.
- RS814 = $599.99
- RX410 = $599.99
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- 'Indiana Jones 5' loses co-creator George Lucas
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards