Synology America Corp. today announced the release of its latest RackStation NAS with the RS814. The RS814 is a high-performance 4-bay 1U server designed to scale up to 8 drives when using an RX410 expansion module.
Optimized for SMB environments, the RS814 provides scalability for growing companies, and productive uptime. Building on top of its predecessor's success, the new RackStation provides the award-winning DiskStation Manager OS with performance that small businesses need, exceeding 200 MB/s for read task and 130 MB/s for write. With the dual NIC configuration, it enables MPIO failover support for additional network redundancy.
As with previous four-bay RackStations, the RS814 has passive cooling on the CPU, which eliminates a potential point of failure. Adaptive fans compensate to keep the system cool in the event of fan malfunction. Its dual-core processor includes a floating-point unit (FPU), which reduces the load when creating file previews. It also includes a RAM increase, offering 1GB; which renders a significant improvement on multitasking.
Shipping with DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.3, the RS814 takes advantage of DSM's business oriented features including:
- Web Station with PHP/MySQL enables the RS814 to host up to 30 websites
- VPN Server - for providing a secure way of connecting to your LAN from a remote location
- Cloud Station - keeps files, file types, and folders in sync across all devices
- AD and LDAP integration - easily deploy Synology products into your existing environment
"The RS814 is designed to meet the needs of small and medium business users," said Thadd Weil, Public Relations Specialist at Synology America Corp. "When you combine its performance, scalability and cost, the RS814 adds up to an excellent value."
For more information, please go to: http://www.synology.com/en-us/products/overview/RS814
Synology RS814 now shipping globally.
- RS814 = $599.99
- RX410 = $599.99
Latest News Posts
- SurveyMonkey CEO David Goldberg's death confirmed as gym accident
- HP announces its new PCs will use AMD's Radeon R9 380 video cards
- Japan's age gap expanding, with robots seen as possible aid
- 'Grand Theft Auto 2' recreated in live action thanks to drone camera
- Ubisoft could unveil Watch Dogs 2 at E3 2015 in June
- how to install ASrock 970 pro 3 r2.0 motherboard CD on a ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS help
- Glary Utilities Pro for free
- HIS MusiX Air Wireless Bluetooth IPX7 Water Resistant Speaker Review
- Wake on lan problem
- GB G97x ud5 bk with Kingston Hyperx Predator SHPM2280p2H/240g pcie ssd
- The Last of Us: Left Behind Available as a Standalone Download May 12
- Mortal Kombat X Launches Jason Voorhees Bundle
- MSI Launches 8 New Socket FM2+ Motherboards for AMD "Godavari" APU
- Vantiv: Payments Industry Moves to Speed Chip Card Acceptance
- Marvell Unveils Industry-Leading ZigBee Wireless Microcontroller SoC to Advance Smart Home and IoT Innovations