Synology America Corp. today announced the release of its latest RackStation NAS with the RS814. The RS814 is a high-performance 4-bay 1U server designed to scale up to 8 drives when using an RX410 expansion module.
Optimized for SMB environments, the RS814 provides scalability for growing companies, and productive uptime. Building on top of its predecessor's success, the new RackStation provides the award-winning DiskStation Manager OS with performance that small businesses need, exceeding 200 MB/s for read task and 130 MB/s for write. With the dual NIC configuration, it enables MPIO failover support for additional network redundancy.
As with previous four-bay RackStations, the RS814 has passive cooling on the CPU, which eliminates a potential point of failure. Adaptive fans compensate to keep the system cool in the event of fan malfunction. Its dual-core processor includes a floating-point unit (FPU), which reduces the load when creating file previews. It also includes a RAM increase, offering 1GB; which renders a significant improvement on multitasking.
Shipping with DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.3, the RS814 takes advantage of DSM's business oriented features including:
- Web Station with PHP/MySQL enables the RS814 to host up to 30 websites
- VPN Server - for providing a secure way of connecting to your LAN from a remote location
- Cloud Station - keeps files, file types, and folders in sync across all devices
- AD and LDAP integration - easily deploy Synology products into your existing environment
"The RS814 is designed to meet the needs of small and medium business users," said Thadd Weil, Public Relations Specialist at Synology America Corp. "When you combine its performance, scalability and cost, the RS814 adds up to an excellent value."
For more information, please go to: http://www.synology.com/en-us/products/overview/RS814
Synology RS814 now shipping globally.
- RS814 = $599.99
- RX410 = $599.99
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Tekken 7 launches on June 2, 2017 in the Americas
- The end of the world awaits in Dark Souls III: The Ringed City
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM