Western Digital Corp. today reported revenue of $3.8 billion and net income of $495 million, or $2.05 per share for its first fiscal quarter ended Sept. 27, 2013. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $514 million or $2.12 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $4.0 billion, net income of $519 million, or $2.06 per share. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $594 million, or $2.36 per share.
The company generated $680 million in cash from operations during the September quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $4.9 billion. During the quarter, the company utilized $150 million to buy back 2.3 million shares of common stock. On Sept. 19, the company declared a $0.25 per common share dividend, which was paid on Oct. 15.
"We continued to perform well in the September quarter as we remained focused on delivering value to our customers through differentiated and innovative storage solutions in all of our served markets," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "Our HGST and WD subsidiaries continued to execute very well. Outstanding linearity drove strong operating results, with gross margins above the midpoint of our model range and earnings per share well above the high end of our guidance. Longer term, we are very excited about our ability to enable the ongoing creation, storage and management of digital content by consumers and businesses."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Del Toro says 'Hellboy 3' is dead
- The Galaxy Note7 might be coming back with a new battery
- Nier: Automata on PC likely delayed due to piracy fears
- Nintendo Switch runs cool, about 37C under load
- Samsung's next VR headset could come with a controller
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league