ASUS today announced the X102BA, a compact and lightweight ultraportable laptop with a 10.1-inch 1366 x 768 display with 10-point multi-touch for responsive fingertip control with Windows 8. The X102BA also features the latest AMD A Series APU and comes bundled with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 for high-performance productivity, straight from the box.
The ASUS X102BA features cutting-edge multi-touch technology that surpasses the standards set by Microsoft for Windows 8. With a multi-touch digitizer that recognizes a contact point with a mere 5mm diameter, rather than the Microsoft recommendation of 9mm, the XB102BA offers much more sensitive touch input for precise applications, such as drawing and painting. The X102BA also features a large multi-touch touchpad with gesture support and a keyboard with keys perfectly calibrated for comfortable typing.
Geared for work and play
The ASUS X102BA is powered by an AMD A4-1200 1GHz dual-core APU with Radeon HD 8180 graphics that balances multi-tasking performance with energy efficiency. ASUS Super Hybrid Engine II technology with 'Instant on' provides users with a smartphone-like experience, thanks to a two-second resume from sleep time, over two weeks a standby time and automatic data backup in sleep mode when the battery level drops below 5%.
ASUS SonicMaster audio technology gives true-to-life sound, while ASUS Splendid display technology with four image presets ensures bright, vibrant color. The X102BA also features USB 3.0, 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0. The X102BA is bundled with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013 with full versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Google's 4K-ready Chromecast Ultra teased at just $69
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now