AMD today announced a double win at the International Public Relations Association's 2013 Golden World Awards. AMD was named winner in two categories for its PR campaign conceived for the launch of the AMD Radeon HD 7990 graphics card.
"These wins at the 2013 Golden World Awards underscore the AMD commitment to excellence in all aspects of business, from our technology products to our marketing and communications," said John Taylor, corporate vice president, Global Communications, AMD. "Just as AMD pioneers new possibilities in the realm of technology, we constantly innovate in the marketing and communications realm to more effectively and efficiently communicate with key stakeholders and the millions of people who use AMD products."
AMD Radeon HD 7990 graphics cards were launched in April 2013. As the world's fastest graphics card, this product represents AMD's pinnacle of achievement in providing top-of-the-industry graphics technology for gaming enthusiasts. Specific communications programs bringing this leadership and the attending benefits for enthusiasts to life were conceived and executed in the first half of 2013.
Recently, AMD also was shortlisted for four Golden Bridge Business and Innovation Awards and three PR News Platinum PR Awards for multiple marketing and PR campaigns. Earlier this year, AMD was recognized for innovative PR, social media and marketing at PR Daily's Digital PR and Social Media Awards.
The International Public Relations Association, based in London, UK, bestows awards upon companies and agencies across the globe for excellence in public relations. In its 21st year, the Golden World Awards recognizes the best public relations activities and campaigns across 30 categories.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon R9 390X caught on camera, should be unveiled at E3 2015
- Hulu lands 'Myst' TV show
- Razer CEO gives every employee the new 14-inch Blade gaming laptop
- Consumer Reports says Apple Watch is best smartwatch right now
- The new Airbus A350 XWB aircraft uses 1,000 3D-printed parts
- Corsair CX750M 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Review
- Computer keeps freezing
- Asrock BIOS Guide
- What happens when you don't play by Valve's rules
- SSD on GA-P55A-UD3
- KTC launches L81F TV Series featuring Supreme Cost-Performance
- Nokia adjusts the conversion price of its EUR 750 million convertible bonds
- TP-LINK Announces Availability of the RE210 AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender
- MSI Unleashes 990FXA GAMING Socket AM3+ Motherboard
- PNY Announces the HP x715w USB 3.0 Flash drive