MSI Brings Love to Remote Areas
¡¾Taipei¡¿MSI's global philanthropic efforts target Taiwan in a second wave of events! MSI is donating a second batch of MSI Wind U100s to ten outstanding Digital Opportunity Centers (DOC) chosen from the Ministry of Education's 40 Digital Opportunity Centers. Remote towns and villages have difficulty accessing information, as many families living in remote areas do not have computers or Internet connections. This lack of information, compared to the abundance in urban areas, has created a digital chasm. Colleagues from MSI personally visited four Digital Opportunity Centers to understand and show concern.
A fourth-year student from Meifeng Elementary School created and sent this card, shaped like a MSI Wind U100, from the Changhwa Dachen DOC.
MSI representatives visited Digital Opportunity Centers in four remote regions ¨C Chiayi Lucao, Nantou Jiji, Nantou Shingming, and Changhwa Dachen. During this trip, it was clear that difficulties in promoting education in these areas stemmed from physical factors such as lack of equipment, poor environment, and remote locations as well as social factors, like entrenched thinking, children being raised by grandparents and foreign brides, and passive attitudes. However, MSI colleagues witnessed the enthusiasm of DOC personnel as they strove to provide community service despite the lack of resources and teachers. Their goal is to promote public understanding of the importance of information and to increase accessibility to information through use of computers and the Internet.
DOC personnel were all very excited upon the arrival of MSI representatives and expressed their gratitude for the gift of MSI Wind U100. The MSI donation brings mobility and convenience to these Digital Opportunity Centers, allowing them to conduct interviews, health checkups, promotional events within the community, and help with classroom activities.
MSI representative (right) presenting the director of the Lucao Digital Opportunity Center, located in Chiayi County's Lucao Township, with a MSI Wind U100.
Latest News Posts
- HP's 4K FreeSync monitor 'Envy' revealed
- Fly the Small But Mighty SKEYE Pico Drone
- CS:GO is majorly dysfunctional for Australians and in New Zealanders
- Synology teases new OS for its NAS range, Apple Watch app for 2016
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio