Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced Canvio Connect, a portable external hard drive that offers high capacity storage along with the ability to access and share files directly from the device, making it the first of its kind.
"Toshiba's Canvio Connect represents the next evolution in external portable hard drives," said Maciek Brzeski , vice president of product marketing and development, Branded Storage Products, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "With its remote access and file sharing capabilities, users can now share their digital content with friends, family and colleagues from anywhere at any time directly from their Canvio Connect - making it unlike any other portable hard drive on the market."
Toshiba's Canvio Connect is a portable external hard drive that offers up to 2 TB of storage in a new slim and compact form factor and is available in several different colors, including black, silver, blue, red and white. What sets the Canvio Connect apart from competitive storage offerings currently on the market is its ability to access and share files anytime, anywhere. For the first time ever, a product within Toshiba's portable hard drive lineup will allow users to back up videos and photos directly from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices that are equipped with Toshiba Storage's iOS or Android app to the external hard drive.
As long as Toshiba's Canvio Connect is connected to an Internet-enabled PC that is powered on, users will have complete access to their files, photos, music and movies from any device - no matter where they are. The Canvio Connect also allows users to share large files and folders instantly. As an additional bonus, the Canvio Connect includes 10 GB of free cloud storage for storing "always available" copies of important files.
While the access and share feature sets the Canvio Connect apart from competitive products, the device is still a powerhouse when it comes to traditional storage and full system, files and folder backup capabilities and is extremely easy to set up and use. And like all Toshiba products, the Canvio Connect portable hard drive is designed from the ground up with consumer needs in mind, and then tested again and again for reliability. It can be counted on to perform as advertised-every time.
Toshiba's Canvio Connect is pre-formatted NTFS for Windows PC and comes with a NTFS driver for Mac, allowing users to store and access files from their PC and Mac without reformatting. The device also includes two year limited warranty.
Pricing and Availability
The Canvio Connect will be available for purchase on ToshibaDirect.com and select retailers in mid-May. Pricing for the external hard drive will be $99 for 500 GB, $109.99 for 750 GB, $129.99 for 1 TB, $169.99 for 1.5 TB and $189.99 for 2 TB.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen Polaris GPUs get busted on GFXBench
- NVIDIA's purported GeForce GTX 1060 will rock 6GB of RAM
- Windows 95 has been installed onto an Apple Watch... because why not
- Battlefield 5: Eastern Front rumors are reportedly fake
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched