Western Digital Corp. today reported revenue of $3.8 billion, hard-drive shipments of 60.2 million and net income of $391 million, or $1.60 per share for its third fiscal quarter ended Mar. 29, 2013. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $514 million or $2.10 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.0 billion, net income of $483 million, or $1.96 per share, and shipped 44.2 million hard drives. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $619 million, or $2.52 per share.
The company generated $727 million in cash from operations during the March quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $4.1 billion. During the quarter, the company utilized $243 million to buy back 5.2 million shares of common stock. On Feb. 14, the company declared a $0.25 per common share dividend, which was paid on Apr. 15.
"Strong execution by our HGST and WD subsidiaries drove outstanding results in the March quarter as we continue to capitalize on the secular growth of digital data," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "Overall industry demand was in line with our expectations. In our business, we saw strength in enterprise, stable performance in client and consumer electronics, and some anticipated seasonal softness in Branded Products."
The investment community conference call to discuss these results will be broadcast live over the Internet today at 2 p.m. Pacific/5 p.m. Eastern. The live and archived conference call webcast can be accessed online at investor.wdc.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS reveals new 34-inch curved 3440 x 1440 Designo ultrawide monitor
- Samsung PM971-NVMe shrinks the SSD in more ways than one
- New GIGABYTE BRIX mini-PC rocks a GTX 950 for quad-display FHD gaming
- GIGABYTE's new AIO features full-sized GPU slot
- Phanteks launches first-ever water block with Glacier G1080
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream