Western Digital Corp. today reported revenue of $3.8 billion, hard-drive shipments of 60.2 million and net income of $391 million, or $1.60 per share for its third fiscal quarter ended Mar. 29, 2013. On a non-GAAP basis, net income was $514 million or $2.10 per share. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $3.0 billion, net income of $483 million, or $1.96 per share, and shipped 44.2 million hard drives. Non-GAAP net income in the year-ago quarter was $619 million, or $2.52 per share.
The company generated $727 million in cash from operations during the March quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $4.1 billion. During the quarter, the company utilized $243 million to buy back 5.2 million shares of common stock. On Feb. 14, the company declared a $0.25 per common share dividend, which was paid on Apr. 15.
"Strong execution by our HGST and WD subsidiaries drove outstanding results in the March quarter as we continue to capitalize on the secular growth of digital data," said Steve Milligan, president and chief executive officer. "Overall industry demand was in line with our expectations. In our business, we saw strength in enterprise, stable performance in client and consumer electronics, and some anticipated seasonal softness in Branded Products."
The investment community conference call to discuss these results will be broadcast live over the Internet today at 2 p.m. Pacific/5 p.m. Eastern. The live and archived conference call webcast can be accessed online at investor.wdc.com.
Latest News Posts
- Hangouts for iOS updated, includes redesign and increased performance
- Nintendo: Wii U failed because of the controller, and launch timing
- The Unreal Engine 4 powered 'Koola' demo is absolutely mind blowing
- Pressure is on for Apple Music, as music industry needs major help
- 7 out of 10 smartphone owners sleep with our phones really close to us
- cloning os to MZHPV256HDGL-00000
- GA-Z97X Gaming 5 + Intel QDE4
- G41M Combo DDR3 RAM not working
- Some PC-A51 watercooling questions
- Driver Errors
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors
- Ozone Gaming Announces ORIGEN Mousepad
- PNY Launches the Mini HP v160 USB 2.0 Flash Drive