Taipei, Taiwan - March 26, 2013 - ADATA Technology, a leading manufacturer of high-performance DRAM modules and NAND Flash application products, today announced the release of thinner and lighter versions of its solid state drives. With a thickness of just 7mm, these SSD models are extremely suitable for slim-design laptop and Ultrabook computers.
The standard thickness for 2.5" form factor hard disk drives is 9.5mm. However, the market trend towards thinner and lighter notebook computers has influenced the design requirements for all components, especially hard drives. ADATA's 7mm SSDs have reduced thickness, with no loss of speed, capacity, or durability, and are evidence of the company's well-known determination to maintain competitiveness by maximizing versatility of its product offerings. The new SSDs will come with 2.5mm plastic holders, so that they can still be used with existing 9.5mm drive slots.
ADATA already enjoys a reputation as an innovator and leader in the NAND Flash application field, and the company's SSDs have proven to be popular with consumers around the globe. This thinner form factor demonstrate that ADATA looks to remain a leader in solid state technology.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- Samsung store catches fire ahead of the Galaxy S8 launch
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design