Seagate Technology plc today announced selected preliminary financial results for its fiscal second quarter of 2013, which ended on December 28, 2012.
Seagate expects to report fiscal second quarter 2013 revenue of at least $3.6 billion and gross margin of more than 27%, reflecting unit shipments of approximately 58 million and maintaining market share. These preliminary results compare to the Company's previous expectations for revenue of approximately $3.5 billion and gross margin at the lower end of the Company's long-term non-GAAP gross margin range of 27% to 32%.
During the quarter the company paid $1.1 billion in share redemptions and dividend payments that included a one-time acceleration of the December 2012 quarter dividend payment. The Company redeemed approximately 30 million ordinary shares and exited December 2012 with 358 million ordinary shares outstanding. Cash, cash equivalents, restricted cash and short term investments totaled approximately $2.0 billion on December 28, 2012.
Full Fiscal Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Seagate will report full fiscal second quarter 2013 financial results on Monday, January 28, 2013 after the close of the market. A conference call for the investment community will take place at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The conference call can be accessed online at http://www.seagate.com/investors.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV is the new Skyrim
- Battlefield 1 rumored to get support for HDR soon
- Star Wars Battlefront II's new trailer looks INCREDIBLE
- NVIDIA announces SLI/HDR support for Shadow of War on PC
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience