Seagate Technology plc today announced selected preliminary financial results for its fiscal second quarter of 2013, which ended on December 28, 2012.
Seagate expects to report fiscal second quarter 2013 revenue of at least $3.6 billion and gross margin of more than 27%, reflecting unit shipments of approximately 58 million and maintaining market share. These preliminary results compare to the Company's previous expectations for revenue of approximately $3.5 billion and gross margin at the lower end of the Company's long-term non-GAAP gross margin range of 27% to 32%.
During the quarter the company paid $1.1 billion in share redemptions and dividend payments that included a one-time acceleration of the December 2012 quarter dividend payment. The Company redeemed approximately 30 million ordinary shares and exited December 2012 with 358 million ordinary shares outstanding. Cash, cash equivalents, restricted cash and short term investments totaled approximately $2.0 billion on December 28, 2012.
Full Fiscal Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Seagate will report full fiscal second quarter 2013 financial results on Monday, January 28, 2013 after the close of the market. A conference call for the investment community will take place at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The conference call can be accessed online at http://www.seagate.com/investors.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Slim coming alongside PS4 Neo, reports claim
- Starting this week, declining Windows 10 upgrade will actually work
- Hottest new PC games discounted in digital pre-order sale
- Battlefield 1 Closed Alpha invites rolling out
- Fallout 4 mod support on PS4 delayed indefinitely
- Synology DS916 Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities