Seagate Technology plc today announced selected preliminary financial results for its fiscal second quarter of 2013, which ended on December 28, 2012.
Seagate expects to report fiscal second quarter 2013 revenue of at least $3.6 billion and gross margin of more than 27%, reflecting unit shipments of approximately 58 million and maintaining market share. These preliminary results compare to the Company's previous expectations for revenue of approximately $3.5 billion and gross margin at the lower end of the Company's long-term non-GAAP gross margin range of 27% to 32%.
During the quarter the company paid $1.1 billion in share redemptions and dividend payments that included a one-time acceleration of the December 2012 quarter dividend payment. The Company redeemed approximately 30 million ordinary shares and exited December 2012 with 358 million ordinary shares outstanding. Cash, cash equivalents, restricted cash and short term investments totaled approximately $2.0 billion on December 28, 2012.
Full Fiscal Second Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Seagate will report full fiscal second quarter 2013 financial results on Monday, January 28, 2013 after the close of the market. A conference call for the investment community will take place at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The conference call can be accessed online at http://www.seagate.com/investors.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's upcoming Android-powered 4K TVs will launch in May
- Journey to the 'Enchanted Kingdom' in our BBC Blu-ray giveaway
- WB signs massive multi-picture tentpole deal with IMAX through to 2020
- 'Independence Day 2' welcomes back President Whitmore and Dr. Okun
- Elon Musk was very close to selling Tesla Motors to Google in 2013
- C2550D4I won't boot
- Intel Series version in GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard?
- Etekcity RoverBeats T12 Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Speaker Review
- Installing Windows with a System Image from a different computer...driver issue?
- New CPU Cooler
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X
- ViewSonic Introduces New Line of Ultra HD Monitors
- Rapoo Announces VPRO V800 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces GR6 Gaming Desktop