*Futuremark offers world's largest source of PC system comparison data *
*Online database reaches 30 million results on 10th anniversary of 3DMark *
*HELSINKI, FINLAND - JANUARY 15, 2009* - Futuremark® Corporation today
announced that its online database of 3DMark and PCMark benchmark
results has now topped 30 million records making it the world's largest
source of PC system comparison data.
Futuremark benchmarks are used by millions of gamers and hardware
enthusiasts from all around the world. The ORB, Futuremark's online
database of benchmark results, has been collecting scores since March
2001, and currently sees a new result added every 4 seconds on average.
For ten years, 3DMark has been an important part of PC performance
testing for consumers, press, OEMs and semiconductor companies allowing
architects, designers, gamers and overclockers to explore the limits of
hardware and software.
Tero Sarkkinen, CEO of Futuremark, said, "We're very proud to celebrate
10 years of our flagship product by reaching this milestone of 30
million results. The long lasting popularity of the 3DMark series comes
from providing a useful service to gamers who wish to optimize their
hardware. Instant access to over 30 million benchmark scores in the ORB
database gives them unprecedented power to search and compare their
gaming system to others."
Latest News Posts
- Sony announces it has sold over 20 million PlayStation 4 consoles
- Valve announces Steam Link, to extend Steam anywhere in your house
- 'Independence Day 2' casts Jeff Goldblum and Liam Hemsworth
- AT&T wants connected homes and vehicles to better communicate
- Unity 5 announced, will be royalty free as a 'Personal Edition'
- Fatality fm2a88x + killer?
- IOMMU support on AMD Motherboards
- iPad Charge Problem
- VisionTek DataVault 3S Interlocking Stackable Storage Case Review
- Backup /Restore for W7 - exit strategy for WHS 2011
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams