DisplayLink┬«, the leading provider of solutions that simplify the connection between monitors and computing devices, announced that it has closed $10.4M of growth financing. The financing was led by Clydesdale Bank's Growth Finance team, which delivers financial support specifically aimed at high-growth, venture capital-backed businesses with strong intellectual property. Existing investors Atlas Venture, Balderton Capital, Cipio Partners, DAG Ventures, and DFJ Esprit contributed to the equity funding. The Palo Alto-headquartered company will use the funds for working capital to support strong growth of its semiconductor and software solutions business.
Commenting on the funding, Graeme Sands, Head of Growth Finance at Clydesdale Bank, said, "We think DisplayLink's technology is increasingly well matched to the way people now expect to use a variety of computing devices with multiple monitors. In particular, the benefit to the corporate market in simple, high-quality, USB connectivity seemed compelling."
"We are delighted with our new banking partner, Clydesdale Bank and the continued support of our existing investors," said Graham O'Keeffe, DisplayLink's chairman. "DisplayLink enjoys strong market pull and adoption due to its continuing investment and leadership in high quality solutions, unequaled compatibility, and a robust product roadmap. This financing will ensure DisplayLink has the resources necessary to fund its growth."
"With the introduction of smaller computing platforms such as Ultrabooks and tablet computers, DisplayLink is becoming the first choice for users wanting to expand beyond the connectivity constraints of these platforms," commented John Cummins, SVP Sales and Marketing at DisplayLink. "DisplayLink's ability to provide multiple monitors, Ethernet, audio, and other services over a universally deployed and simple-to-use USB connecter is unique in the industry."
Latest News Posts
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- 'Warcraft' movie set for a delay
- Cybersecurity market receiving strong boost from increasing VC funds
- JAXA space agency wants to head to the moon in 2018
- The Smart Lightbulb You Control Through Your Phone, Now 32% Off
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic 2100mAh Battery Pack Review
- PC case models with slideout motherboard trays?
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X