Synology Inc. today launched the DiskStation DS413j, a 4-bay NAS server designed to address home and small office's need for an advanced network and storage solution, yet remains as an affordable selection. Accompanied by recently debuted DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.1, the operating system of every Synology NAS, users can safeguard their data and enjoy multimedia content seamlessly.
"Synology continues to surpass all obstacles to achieve a budget-friendly private cloud," said Chad Jiang, product manager at Synology Inc. The DS413j features Web Assistant that guides users to complete the system installation in a few clicks with no disc installation or patch download required. With QuickConnect, users can easily extend the coverage of DS413j to the Internet without router configuration. "When you factor in the built-in versatile features and mobile apps, the DS413j is truly a simple setup and economical private cloud for users," added Jiang.
The DS413j features an upgraded platform with 1.6 GHz CPU and DDR3 512MB RAM that boosts multitasking performance. Designed with energy efficiency in mind, the DS413j consumes only 31.56 watts and 7.68 watts during full operation and HDD hibernation respectively, making it an ideal alternative to traditional power-demanding file and download server. The support of multiple scheduled power on/off and Wake-on-LAN features further minimize carbon footprint. Its hardware design contributes to an ultra-quiet operation at 18.9 dB (A) that makes a quality living room and small office environment.
The DS413j runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.1, which provides rich features to boost user-productivity and simplify their tasks, all on a sleek user interface optimized for multitasking. DS411j, the predecessor of DS413j, has received numerous media recognitions worldwide, including "Best Buy" awards with full score from Computer Shopper, U.K.
For more information, please visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives