Synology Inc. today launched the DiskStation DS413j, a 4-bay NAS server designed to address home and small office's need for an advanced network and storage solution, yet remains as an affordable selection. Accompanied by recently debuted DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.1, the operating system of every Synology NAS, users can safeguard their data and enjoy multimedia content seamlessly.
"Synology continues to surpass all obstacles to achieve a budget-friendly private cloud," said Chad Jiang, product manager at Synology Inc. The DS413j features Web Assistant that guides users to complete the system installation in a few clicks with no disc installation or patch download required. With QuickConnect, users can easily extend the coverage of DS413j to the Internet without router configuration. "When you factor in the built-in versatile features and mobile apps, the DS413j is truly a simple setup and economical private cloud for users," added Jiang.
The DS413j features an upgraded platform with 1.6 GHz CPU and DDR3 512MB RAM that boosts multitasking performance. Designed with energy efficiency in mind, the DS413j consumes only 31.56 watts and 7.68 watts during full operation and HDD hibernation respectively, making it an ideal alternative to traditional power-demanding file and download server. The support of multiple scheduled power on/off and Wake-on-LAN features further minimize carbon footprint. Its hardware design contributes to an ultra-quiet operation at 18.9 dB (A) that makes a quality living room and small office environment.
The DS413j runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.1, which provides rich features to boost user-productivity and simplify their tasks, all on a sleek user interface optimized for multitasking. DS411j, the predecessor of DS413j, has received numerous media recognitions worldwide, including "Best Buy" awards with full score from Computer Shopper, U.K.
For more information, please visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio