Synology Inc. today launched the DiskStation DS413j, a 4-bay NAS server designed to address home and small office's need for an advanced network and storage solution, yet remains as an affordable selection. Accompanied by recently debuted DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.1, the operating system of every Synology NAS, users can safeguard their data and enjoy multimedia content seamlessly.
"Synology continues to surpass all obstacles to achieve a budget-friendly private cloud," said Chad Jiang, product manager at Synology Inc. The DS413j features Web Assistant that guides users to complete the system installation in a few clicks with no disc installation or patch download required. With QuickConnect, users can easily extend the coverage of DS413j to the Internet without router configuration. "When you factor in the built-in versatile features and mobile apps, the DS413j is truly a simple setup and economical private cloud for users," added Jiang.
The DS413j features an upgraded platform with 1.6 GHz CPU and DDR3 512MB RAM that boosts multitasking performance. Designed with energy efficiency in mind, the DS413j consumes only 31.56 watts and 7.68 watts during full operation and HDD hibernation respectively, making it an ideal alternative to traditional power-demanding file and download server. The support of multiple scheduled power on/off and Wake-on-LAN features further minimize carbon footprint. Its hardware design contributes to an ultra-quiet operation at 18.9 dB (A) that makes a quality living room and small office environment.
The DS413j runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.1, which provides rich features to boost user-productivity and simplify their tasks, all on a sleek user interface optimized for multitasking. DS411j, the predecessor of DS413j, has received numerous media recognitions worldwide, including "Best Buy" awards with full score from Computer Shopper, U.K.
For more information, please visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications