Synology Inc. today launched the DiskStation DS413j, a 4-bay NAS server designed to address home and small office's need for an advanced network and storage solution, yet remains as an affordable selection. Accompanied by recently debuted DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.1, the operating system of every Synology NAS, users can safeguard their data and enjoy multimedia content seamlessly.
"Synology continues to surpass all obstacles to achieve a budget-friendly private cloud," said Chad Jiang, product manager at Synology Inc. The DS413j features Web Assistant that guides users to complete the system installation in a few clicks with no disc installation or patch download required. With QuickConnect, users can easily extend the coverage of DS413j to the Internet without router configuration. "When you factor in the built-in versatile features and mobile apps, the DS413j is truly a simple setup and economical private cloud for users," added Jiang.
The DS413j features an upgraded platform with 1.6 GHz CPU and DDR3 512MB RAM that boosts multitasking performance. Designed with energy efficiency in mind, the DS413j consumes only 31.56 watts and 7.68 watts during full operation and HDD hibernation respectively, making it an ideal alternative to traditional power-demanding file and download server. The support of multiple scheduled power on/off and Wake-on-LAN features further minimize carbon footprint. Its hardware design contributes to an ultra-quiet operation at 18.9 dB (A) that makes a quality living room and small office environment.
The DS413j runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.1, which provides rich features to boost user-productivity and simplify their tasks, all on a sleek user interface optimized for multitasking. DS411j, the predecessor of DS413j, has received numerous media recognitions worldwide, including "Best Buy" awards with full score from Computer Shopper, U.K.
For more information, please visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage