VIA Technologies, Inc. and Startup Weekend Taiwan today announced that VIA will host Taiwan's First Hardware/Software Startup Weekend at the company's global headquarters in Xindian, New Taipei City from Friday 14 September to Sunday 16 September.
The Taiwan Hardware Startup Weekend is the latest in a series of highly-successful events that have been held over the past year in Taipei, Hsinchu, and Kaohsiung by the non-profit Startup Weekend organization - organized by Yushan Ventures and James Hill -, with the aim of providing Taiwan's entrepreneurs with the opportunity to turn an idea into a startup business within just 54 hours and pitch it to a jury of leading domestic and international business leaders, investors, and VCs from the hardware and software industries.
Taiwan Hardware Startup Weekend will take this model a step further by challenging participants to create ground-breaking devices for the Post PC era that combines an innovative form factor with integrated software, apps, and services from the cloud. Potential target markets for such devices include healthcare, environment, education, entertainment, and home automation.
"Taiwan has the potential to marry its world-beating hi-tech engineering and manufacturing industries with its burgeoning software development capabilities to create exciting new devices," commented Volker Heistermann, Managing Director of Yushan Ventures. "Our aim with the Taiwan Hardware Startup Weekend is to bring together people from the hardware, software, and cloud service communities to spark innovative new product concepts that will help position the island at the forefront of the Post PC era."
"We are delighted to be hosting Taiwan Hardware Startup Weekend," said Richard Brown, Vice-President of International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "It provides the ideal forum for aspiring entrepreneurs from multiple disciplines to come together to create the next big idea."
The event is sponsored by VIA Technologies http://www.via.com.tw, Yushan Ventures http://www.yushanventures.com, StartupDigest http://www.startupdigest.com & The Executive Centre http://www.executivecentre.com.
Latest News Posts
- Deep Silver will publish Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- How you can reel in high pay as a software tester
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now