VIA Technologies, Inc. and Startup Weekend Taiwan today announced that VIA will host Taiwan's First Hardware/Software Startup Weekend at the company's global headquarters in Xindian, New Taipei City from Friday 14 September to Sunday 16 September.
The Taiwan Hardware Startup Weekend is the latest in a series of highly-successful events that have been held over the past year in Taipei, Hsinchu, and Kaohsiung by the non-profit Startup Weekend organization - organized by Yushan Ventures and James Hill -, with the aim of providing Taiwan's entrepreneurs with the opportunity to turn an idea into a startup business within just 54 hours and pitch it to a jury of leading domestic and international business leaders, investors, and VCs from the hardware and software industries.
Taiwan Hardware Startup Weekend will take this model a step further by challenging participants to create ground-breaking devices for the Post PC era that combines an innovative form factor with integrated software, apps, and services from the cloud. Potential target markets for such devices include healthcare, environment, education, entertainment, and home automation.
"Taiwan has the potential to marry its world-beating hi-tech engineering and manufacturing industries with its burgeoning software development capabilities to create exciting new devices," commented Volker Heistermann, Managing Director of Yushan Ventures. "Our aim with the Taiwan Hardware Startup Weekend is to bring together people from the hardware, software, and cloud service communities to spark innovative new product concepts that will help position the island at the forefront of the Post PC era."
"We are delighted to be hosting Taiwan Hardware Startup Weekend," said Richard Brown, Vice-President of International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "It provides the ideal forum for aspiring entrepreneurs from multiple disciplines to come together to create the next big idea."
The event is sponsored by VIA Technologies http://www.via.com.tw, Yushan Ventures http://www.yushanventures.com, StartupDigest http://www.startupdigest.com & The Executive Centre http://www.executivecentre.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook