Intel Corporation today reported quarterly revenue of $13.5 billion, operating income of $3.8 billion, net income of $2.8 billion and EPS of $0.54. The company generated approximately $4.7 billion in cash from operations, paid dividends of $1.1 billion and used $1.1 billion to repurchase stock.
"The second quarter was highlighted by solid execution with continued strength in the data center and multiple product introductions in Ultrabooks and smartphones," said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. "As we enter the third quarter, our growth will be slower than we anticipated due to a more challenging macroeconomic environment. With a rich mix of Ultrabook and Intel-based tablet and phone introductions in the second half, combined with the long-term investments we're making in our product and manufacturing areas, we are well positioned for this year and beyond."
Intel's Business Outlook does not include the potential impact of any business combinations, asset acquisitions, divestitures or other investments that may be completed after July 17.
Q3 2012 (GAAP, unless otherwise stated)
- Revenue: $14.3 billion, plus or minus $500 million.
- Gross margin percentage: 63 percent and 64 percent Non-GAAP (excluding amortization of acquisition-related intangibles), both plus or minus a couple of percentage points.
- R&D plus MG&A spending: approximately $4.6 billion.
- Amortization of acquisition-related intangibles: approximately $80 million.
- Impact of equity investments and interest and other: approximately zero.
- Depreciation: approximately $1.6 billion.
Full-Year 2012 (GAAP, unless otherwise stated)
- Revenue up between 3 percent and 5 percent year over year, down from the prior expectation for high single-digit growth.
- Gross margin percentage: 64 percent and 65 percent Non-GAAP (excluding amortization of acquisition-related intangibles), both plus or minus a couple points.
- Spending (R&D plus MG&A): $18.2 billion, plus or minus $200 million, down $100 million from prior expectations.
- Amortization of acquisition-related intangibles: approximately $300 million, unchanged.
- Depreciation: $6.3 billion, plus or minus $100 million, down $100 million from prior expectations.
- Tax Rate: approximately 28 percent, unchanged.
- Full-year capital spending: $12.5 billion, plus or minus $400 million, unchanged.
Latest News Posts
- Choose a side in our 'Captain America' Blu-ray giveaway
- UK retailer offers HTC Vive headset on monthly payments
- PS4 Slim supports 5GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Rovio developing 'Angry Birds Movie' sequel
- KFC denies leak of 11 secret herbs and spices recipe
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 memory question?
- were is the 1394 label
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop