CHICAGO, March 30, 2012 - Kicking off the weekend, SteelSeries, the leading brand in all things related to being awesome and superior, today announced an entirely new line of products specifically designed for gamers living in an 8-BIT world. Inspired by retro-styled games such as Minecraft or FortressCraft, this revitalized family of SteelSeries ErgoRetro® peripherals has been ergonomically improved for the ultimate PC gaming comfort, control and overall domination.
"We are ecstatic to introduce these new peripheral designs and share with our community, the entirely new approach to ergonomics and design we are taking when it comes to our products, said SteelSeries CMO, Kim Rom. We are re-evaluating the importance of high-performance, superior functionality, and comfort for what we believe is the regression of the peripherals industry. Instead of being the first to introduce the mechanical keyboard to gamers or bringing the worlds most customizable mouse to market, we are shifting it back to designs inspired by the first-type of gaming, pixelated 8-Bit style."
SteelSeries ErgoRetro® Family of Peripherals
The classic and most recognized SteelSeries peripherals including the SteelSeries Sensei Mouse, SteelSeries 6Gv2 Keyboard and SteelSeries Siberia v2 Headset have all been re-designed to fit an ultra-new, ergonomically sound design.
SteelSeries ErgoRetro® Mouse
Taking out the relevant functionality to dominate your game, the SteelSeries ErgoRetro® Mouse has been ergonomically re-altered for extreme hand-sized users, increasing hand-cramp reaction times, and added weight technology for a block-like, retro feel. Features also include a new TrackBlock sensor, modeled after the track-ballwith an added 8-Bit flair.
SteelSeries ErgoRetro® Headset
Headsets are simple, make them look cool and the rest will follow. The new SteelSeries ErgoRetro® Headset embodies an oversized, block-like design for sort-of-superior sound and an incredibly limited amount of comfort. Weighing in at 8.6 lbs., users will never forgetwhat they're wearing.
SteelSeries ErgoRetro® Keyboard
Modeled after the first mechanical gaming keyboard that was introduced in 2007 by SteelSeries, the new SteelSeries ErgoRetro® Keyboard supports the same tank-like, indestructible design, butwith new 8-Bit style improvements. The severe, pixel-block design and oversized keys takeaway the fast response time of its user and focuses the attention more on the way it looks than the way it works.
The SteelSeries 8-Bit ErgoRetro® peripherals will be available soon; pricing is still to be determined. Be sure to check out theSteelSeries Facebook page for giveaways of these new products throughout the weekend at http://facebook.com/steelseries.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design