LucidLogix (Lucid), a developer of GPU virtualization software, and Futuremark, the world leader in performance benchmarking software, today announced that Futuremark's range of 3DMark gaming benchmarks is being updated to detect systems using Lucid's HyperFormance and Virtual Vsync performance technologies, which are available in the Virtu MVP virtualization software and other Lucid solutions.
Futuremark's 3DMark benchmark works by measuring the process of rendering frames of 3D graphics. Lucid's Virtu MVP HyperFormance and Virtual Vsync features are designed to improve responsiveness through the intelligent reduction of redundant rendering tasks. While 3DMark scores may increase when turning on Virtu MVP features, scores from systems with and without MVP technology are not directly comparable because of its effect on the rendering process from CPU to GPU to display.
Lucid and Futuremark are working together to add HyperFormance and Virtual Vsync setting status information to Futuremark's benchmarks. After a Futuremark software update expected in early Q2, all 3DMark scores submitted to 3dmark.com will indicate if the system includes Virtu MVP and its responsiveness features settings.
"Gamers, overclockers and reviewers as well as OEMs and ODMs depend on Futuremark benchmarks to measure overall gaming performance," said Offir Remez, Lucid co-founder and president. "Since responsiveness and low latency are an essential performance measurement and part of the platform experience, our collaboration with Futuremark will provide more options for users to evaluate their hardware and software."
"Lucid's Virtu MVP can have a significant impact on benchmark scores, but it is not currently viable to make a direct performance comparison between MVP-enabled systems and non-MVP systems using 3DMark," said Jukka Mäkinen, CEO of Futuremark. "As Virtu MVP has clear gaming benefits by improving responsiveness, reducing latency and eliminating visual tearing, we are glad to be working with Lucid to help our users understand the performance benefits of Virtu MVP technologies as measured by 3DMark and our other PC performance benchmarks."
Lucid and Futuremark are working together to deliver a software update for Futuremark benchmarks that includes Virtu MVP feature support in early Q2 together with documentation for testing professionals, press and enthusiasts explaining how to interpret scores from systems with Virtu MVP enabled.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS