OCZ Technology Introduces the Latest DDR3 Kits within the Intel Extreme Memory Series
Sunnyvale, Calif.-July 2, 2008-OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced the expansion of its Intel® Extreme Memory modules lineup, the latest memory solution that implements a high-performance specification optimized and predefined for the Intel X38 and X48 chipsets. The new modules are rated at DDR3-1333 and DDR3-1600 and feature the all-new Intel branded black XTC heatspreader. With a long history of providing the most innovative products to the enthusiast community, OCZ is excited to take advantage of Intel's interest and development of overclocking platforms with these latest additions to the series.
Designed to significantly increase performance levels of the entire platform, these modules feature Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP), a proprietary extension of SPD (Serial Presence Detect) settings that act as an integrated "plug and play" overclocking tool. The new Extreme Memory Profile options on the new OCZ DDR3 modules allow the end user to select extreme or ultimate performance through a framework of predefined and validated optimizations of individual settings without the hassle of manually adjusting each parameter, so the timings, voltage, and speed boot automatically for maximum performance.
"We are proud to embrace Intel's XMP specifications in the new line-up of DDR3 modules," commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ Technology. "XMP-Ready memory allows safe booting of the system under any circumstances while maintaining the built-in overclocking features to bring out the ultimate performance of the entire system."
Configured to Intel's defined specification, the latest XMP-Ready memory will be available as:
PC3-10666 / DDR3-1333 CL7-7-7 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel Kit
PC3-10666 / DDR3-1333 CL7-7-7 2GB (2x1GB) Dual Channel Kit
PC3-12800 / DDR3-1600 CL7-7-7 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel Kit
PC3-12800 / DDR3-1600 CL7-7-7 2GB (2x1GB) Dual Channel Kit
Each kit is configured to run aggressive latencies and features a second enthusiast profile to enable the modules to run at an even more aggressive balance of speed and timings. Each OCZ XMP memory module is backed by the industry-leading OCZ Lifetime Warranty and technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
For more information on the PC3-12800 Intel Extreme Series, please visit our product page here.
For more information on the PC3-10666 Intel Extreme Series, please visit our product page here.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- Samsung and NBC partner up to deliver 85 hours of Rio Olympics in VR
- Quake Champions is PC only for 'no limitations' 120Hz arena chaos
- Galaxy S7, S7 Edge unlocked, bloatware-free versions launch today
- Existing BioShock owners will get free remastered versions on PC
- Maximize your online experience with VPN Forever
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Synology DS916 Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards