Plextor Announces New Lineup of Optical Drives with PlexUTILITIES Advanced Application & Diagnostic Software
In addition to the four drives, new multimedia and duplicator product offerings are available from Plextor in time for the holidays
FREMONT, Calif. - November 24, 2008 - Plextor, a leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance digital media equipment, announces new products as a part of its new 2008 lineup. Featured in the new offering are 6x Blu-Ray Combo drives, 22x Super Multi DVD±RW drives, and an 8x Slim External USB DVD±RW for PC and Mac.
"Plextor continues to strengthen its position in the optical storage market with the addition of these new drives to its already robust line of products," said Bob Gronski, vice president of sales and marketing for Plextor. "Now more than ever, people are going out less and taking advantage of home entertainment more, so it's a perfect time for us to introduce such an extensive line of products."
The new Plextor product lineup includes the following drives:
PX-610U 8X Slim External USB Super Multi Drive - Available for both PC and Mac, the PX-610U is a truly self-powered portable DVD writer that does not require the use of an AC adapter or multiple USB ports. Through the addition of internal battery power, the PX-610U requires only a single USB port for power and data transfer. The PC version includes Roxio Creator® 10 CE and the Mac version is bundled with a full retail version of Toast 9 Titanium.
PX-B310SA (6X internal SATA) and PX-B310Q (6X external USB) - The Blu-ray Disc Combo Drives, 6x Blu-ray Reader plus Super Multi DVD+RW drive, gives you an all-in-one solution for playing back Blu-ray Discs, while maintaining the capability of archiving data onto CD or DVD. The Blu-ray Disc Combo is bundled with Cyberlink BD Suite.
PX-850SA (22X internal SATA) and PX-850A (22X internal PATA) - The Super Multi DVD±RW lets users feel confident about burning to any DVD or CD media, including DVD-RAM and DVD±R DL media. Use your DVD writer for any purpose with the media you desire. The Super Multi DVD+RW Drives are bundled with Roxio Creator® 10 CE.
All of the above drives, with the exception of the PX-610U for Mac, also come standard with PlexUTILITIES advanced application and diagnostic tool. PlexUTILITIES gives you extra support for your Plextor hardware allowing you to view basic and advance drive information, control specific drive functions to customize drive operations, and includes a powerful utility tool which allows for a safe, secure and easy way to destroy data on CD/DVD media.
New multimedia and stand-alone towers are also included in the lineup with a wireless projector adapter, mini digital HDTV receiver, digital video converter and three stand alone CD/DVD duplicators.
For more information on Plextor, or to purchase the new lineup, please visit http://www.plextor.com.
Headquartered in Fremont, CA, Plextor is a leading developer and manufacturer of high-performance digital media equipment for professionals, consumers and enterprises. Headquartered in Silicon Valley since 1990, Plextor has introduced generations of award-winning products, including digital video converters and CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW optical disc drives, and multimedia products. Contact Plextor at http://www.plextor.com.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung and LG working on a display with 4 curved sides?
- Call of Duty: WWII screenshots are sparse
- Alien: Isolation 2 isn't happening after all
- Call of Duty WWII features Nazi Zombies story co-op mode
- Call of Duty WWII releases November 3
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design