SAN JOSE, CA (May 17, 2011) -- Addonics Technologies (www.addonics.com) today announced a third generation NAS adapter that lets you build your own network and cloud storage with a capacity of up to 128 PetaBytes.
A PetaByte is a huge amount of storage. Just one PetaByte can hold about 21,000 Blu-ray discs (50 GB each).
The NAS 3.0 turns any USB 2.0 hard drive, SSD or USB mass storage device into a Network Attached Storage appliance for sharing over a LAN or over the Internet, just like your own private cloud storage.
The NAS 3.0 is up to 30 percent faster than prior Addonics NAS adapters and has several powerful enhancements, such as support of NTFS and exFAT file systems, WebDav server, two drive volumes and others.
The NAS 3.0 adapter maintains the support of both SMB and the open source Samba network protocols, printer server, X-Box media server and Bit-Torrent client.
Any USB storage with NTFS or exFAT File System can be attached directly to the new NAS adapter. There is no special drive preparation needed. Hard drives with existing data can be attached to the adapter and become shareable immediately. Drive volumes as large as 256TB under NTFS or 128PB under exFAT can be added to the network.
When used in conjunction with the Addonics RAID Tower or RAID Rack, storage capacity in excess of 100 TB can be easily added to the LAN or WAN without any expensive equipment.
The built-in WebDav server in the NAS 3.0 adapter lets you, in effect, have your own private cloud storage. Using the WebDav client software, data stored in the WebDav server can be accessed anywhere via an internet connection. Free Apps are also available to add WebDav client to iPhone and Android phone.
List price is $65
For more information, visit the web site at http://www.addonics.com/products/nas/NAS30U2.asp.
Addonics Technologies Inc. is headquartered in San Jose, CA. the company designs, manufactures, and markets a broad line of internal/external and mobile storage products. Addonics products are available through the company online store http://www.shopaddonics.com, major catalog companies, resellers, VARs and distributors, including Amazon.com, PC Connection, CDW, Buy.com, Provantage.com, Insight, and Ingram Micro.
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio