SAN JOSE, CA (May 17, 2011) -- Addonics Technologies (www.addonics.com) today announced a third generation NAS adapter that lets you build your own network and cloud storage with a capacity of up to 128 PetaBytes.
A PetaByte is a huge amount of storage. Just one PetaByte can hold about 21,000 Blu-ray discs (50 GB each).
The NAS 3.0 turns any USB 2.0 hard drive, SSD or USB mass storage device into a Network Attached Storage appliance for sharing over a LAN or over the Internet, just like your own private cloud storage.
The NAS 3.0 is up to 30 percent faster than prior Addonics NAS adapters and has several powerful enhancements, such as support of NTFS and exFAT file systems, WebDav server, two drive volumes and others.
The NAS 3.0 adapter maintains the support of both SMB and the open source Samba network protocols, printer server, X-Box media server and Bit-Torrent client.
Any USB storage with NTFS or exFAT File System can be attached directly to the new NAS adapter. There is no special drive preparation needed. Hard drives with existing data can be attached to the adapter and become shareable immediately. Drive volumes as large as 256TB under NTFS or 128PB under exFAT can be added to the network.
When used in conjunction with the Addonics RAID Tower or RAID Rack, storage capacity in excess of 100 TB can be easily added to the LAN or WAN without any expensive equipment.
The built-in WebDav server in the NAS 3.0 adapter lets you, in effect, have your own private cloud storage. Using the WebDav client software, data stored in the WebDav server can be accessed anywhere via an internet connection. Free Apps are also available to add WebDav client to iPhone and Android phone.
List price is $65
For more information, visit the web site at http://www.addonics.com/products/nas/NAS30U2.asp.
Addonics Technologies Inc. is headquartered in San Jose, CA. the company designs, manufactures, and markets a broad line of internal/external and mobile storage products. Addonics products are available through the company online store http://www.shopaddonics.com, major catalog companies, resellers, VARs and distributors, including Amazon.com, PC Connection, CDW, Buy.com, Provantage.com, Insight, and Ingram Micro.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty WWII releases November 3
- Stardock: Switch doesn't really need third-party games
- Project Scorpio 4K vs 1080p side by side comparison
- PSN and Xbox LIVE hacker imprisoned for two years
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF, 3 x 8-pin PCIe power & LCD panel
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SteelSeries brings gamers the world's first dual-surface RGB illuminated mousepad - introducing the QcK Prism