ASETEK PROVIDES LIQUID COOLING SOLUTION FOR INTEL'S NEW, POWERFUL CORE i7 FAMILY OF EXTREME PROCESSORS
Asetek's LCLC Enables Extreme Performance for the Most Demanding PC and Gaming Enthusiasts By Lowering CPU temperatures
SAN JOSE, Calf. November 17, 2008 - Asetek announced today the immediate availability of its OEM-ready, LCLC liquid cooling solution for Intel Corporation's new Core i7 family of extreme processors and motherboards. Asetek's unique liquid cooling solution provides OEMs with an extremely high overclocking capability enabling them to deliver demanding gaming and entertainment applications with virtually no noise.
"The need for speed continues unabated," states Gary Baum, Asetek's Senior VP of Marketing & Sales. "By using our LCLC thermal solution, OEMs and system integrators are now able to take full advantage of Intel's powerful new processors and push the performance envelope to the extreme. Even more powerful workstations and PC gaming machines will be the result."
Asetek's highly integrated liquid cooling solution provides a new retention ring and back plate that makes the LCLC fully compatible with Intel's latest 1366-socketed motherboard architecture. Easy to install, the self-contained unit typically lowers the 130W Core i7 CPU temperature by often over 7 degrees Celsius , enabling it to run significantly cooler, providing the critical edge in advanced gaming or other graphics intensive applications. The Asetek solution is totally liquid cooled. OEMs can expect their units to run completely silent, except for the system heat exchanger fan that is 30 dB(A), as quiet as a whisper.
Asetek is the only liquid cooling company that provides rigorous OEM level reliability. Shock, vibration, and thermal stress testing assures a 50,000 hour operational lifetime with no end-user maintenance required. The units are factory sealed ensuring that end users will never have to perform maintenance such as adding fluids.
According to Baum, "Premier OEMs throughout the world continue to choose Asetek for their advanced computing applications since we clearly provide the best overall thermal management solution available on the market today. Our commitment to the OEM market is further demonstrated by our immediate support of Intel's highest performance processors and motherboards."
Founded in 2000, Asetek is the world's leading system thermal and acoustic management solution provider. Specialized designs incorporating liquid-cooling, vapor phase or vapor chamber technologies are utilized in providing OEM design solutions. These solutions are designed for applications where end-users demand exceptional performance, low noise and maximum reliability. Asetek's strong brand name products such as VapoChill® and WaterChill are often the favorite choice of enthusiast grade cooling solutions having obtained more than 200 international press awards in the past decade.
Asetek is headquartered in Denmark with offices in San Jose, California and Asia. Asetek works actively with leading-edge companies within the industry to ensure cost effective thermal performance, low acoustic noise and system reliability is achieved. For more information, please visit http://www.asetek.com.
Latest News Posts
- Sony pulling underhanded tricks to sell $70 games
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity