Sharkoon unveils two external RAID Cases for SATA Hard Drives
Sharkoon 2-Bay RAID Box and Sharkoon 5-Bay RAID Box | external connection via SuperSpeed USB3.0, 5-Bay RAID Box additionally with eSATA interface | MSRP starting at 87.90 euros
Sharkoon presents two external SATA RAID cases in a stylish, black metal design, which allows multifunctional configuration possibilities for a fail-safe hard drive system.
The Sharkoon 2-Bay RAID Box offers two lockable Hot Swap bays for 3.5 inch SATA hard drives, each with up to 3 Terabyte storage capacity. The inserted data medium can be operated in RAID level 0, 1 or JBOD. The desired mode can be selected through a switch on the case's front. Blue LEDs display operation, data transfer and the selected RAID mode. Cooling is ensured by the 70mm fan on the backside. For external connection, the 2-Bay RAID Box provides a USB3.0 interface. The case measures 215 x 130 x 120 mm (L x W x H) and weighs 1926 grams. An instruction manual, power cable, USB3.0 cable and two keys are provided within shipping.
For the connection of larger hard drives, the Sharkoon 5-Bay RAID box is suitable with five 3.5 inch SATA bays. The integrated RAID Controller supports Array Mode 0, 1, 3, 5, 10 and JBOD. Configuration takes place on the backside of the case. Two additional 60mm fans are also located there. The Sharkoon 5-Bay RAID Box can connect to a computer either through USB3.0 or over eSATA. The case measures 265 x 130 x 185 mm (L x W x H) and weighs 3470 grams. The shipping contents are identical to the 2-Bay version, however an eSATA cable is included.
End customers can find the Sharkoon RAID Boxes available in authorized retailers.
Sharkoon 2-Bay RAID Box: 87.90 euros
Sharkoon 5-Bay RAID Box: 194.90 euros
For further questions, to request samples and/or photos, or other information please contact us or go to http://www.sharkoon.com
Latest News Posts
- Xbox boss: 'We aren't motivated by beating Sony'
- ARK: Survival Evolved developer has no ETA on DX12 patch
- The Witcher 3 receives a new 15GB patch, with a 13-page changelog
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- GA-X58A-UD3R Rev1 SSD Boot Order Issue.
- Help Updating GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2.0 Bios
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent