Sharkoon unveils two external RAID Cases for SATA Hard Drives
Sharkoon 2-Bay RAID Box and Sharkoon 5-Bay RAID Box | external connection via SuperSpeed USB3.0, 5-Bay RAID Box additionally with eSATA interface | MSRP starting at 87.90 euros
Sharkoon presents two external SATA RAID cases in a stylish, black metal design, which allows multifunctional configuration possibilities for a fail-safe hard drive system.
The Sharkoon 2-Bay RAID Box offers two lockable Hot Swap bays for 3.5 inch SATA hard drives, each with up to 3 Terabyte storage capacity. The inserted data medium can be operated in RAID level 0, 1 or JBOD. The desired mode can be selected through a switch on the case's front. Blue LEDs display operation, data transfer and the selected RAID mode. Cooling is ensured by the 70mm fan on the backside. For external connection, the 2-Bay RAID Box provides a USB3.0 interface. The case measures 215 x 130 x 120 mm (L x W x H) and weighs 1926 grams. An instruction manual, power cable, USB3.0 cable and two keys are provided within shipping.
For the connection of larger hard drives, the Sharkoon 5-Bay RAID box is suitable with five 3.5 inch SATA bays. The integrated RAID Controller supports Array Mode 0, 1, 3, 5, 10 and JBOD. Configuration takes place on the backside of the case. Two additional 60mm fans are also located there. The Sharkoon 5-Bay RAID Box can connect to a computer either through USB3.0 or over eSATA. The case measures 265 x 130 x 185 mm (L x W x H) and weighs 3470 grams. The shipping contents are identical to the 2-Bay version, however an eSATA cable is included.
End customers can find the Sharkoon RAID Boxes available in authorized retailers.
Sharkoon 2-Bay RAID Box: 87.90 euros
Sharkoon 5-Bay RAID Box: 194.90 euros
For further questions, to request samples and/or photos, or other information please contact us or go to http://www.sharkoon.com
Latest News Posts
- More 'Star Trek' movies not guaranteed, warns star
- Night Trap returns, with the FMV game hitting consoles
- Vivendi could push for an Ubisoft takeover this year
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds charity event: May 4
- Jeff Goldblum joins 'Jurassic World 2' cast
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family