QNAP Expands Exclusive QPKG Application Offerings for Turbo NAS Customers
QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class NAS servers announced today 4 new QPKG add-on applications and 3 updates to the original QPKGs for its NAS customers. These QPKGs give users a versatile NAS covering their need from web applications such as Gallery, to media servers and download utilities consisting of PS3 Media Server, pyLoad, and Transmission. These applications improve a QNAP NAS by enabling it not only as a pure storage server, but also a powerful yet energy-efficient downloading machine, multimedia sharing center to game consoles with transcoding capability, IP TV streaming, online photo sharing server, and an all purposed web server with advanced manageability.
QNAP's QPKG applications are free to download and convenient for end users to install. "The QPKG platform is a great feature for users to explore unlimited possibilities of what a QNAP NAS is capable of," said James Wu, Product Manager of QNAP. "With over 20 QPKG apps now available to help create and manage databases, run websites, implement ecommerce, enjoy multimedia files, and much more". QNAP strives to stay ahead of consumer needs by providing innovated add-ons to make today's data-heavy society a more user friendly world.
The newly announced QPKG applications include:
pyLoad, a fast, lightweight and full-featured download manager for servers like a QNAP NAS to download files from common one-clicking websites such as RapidShare or Megaupoload, video sites (e.g. YouTube), or plain HTTP/FTP links.
Transmission, a BitTorrent client which features a simple interface on top of a cross-platform back-end.
Gallery, a popular photo album organizer enabling complete management and publication of digital photographs via an intuitive web interface.
Piwik, a real-time web analytics software program providing detailed reports on your website visitors, the search engines and keywords they used, the language they speak, and etc.
The updated QPKG applications include: PS3 Media Server, a DLNA compliant UPnP Media Server for the PS3, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding media files stored on the NAS; WordPress, a free, open-source personal publishing system that allows you to easily create a complex blog, or web log, on your site; OpenLDAP, an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and is packaged with phpLDAPadmin to provide the web-based administration functionality
The new QPKG applications are currently available. All currently available QPKG applications can be viewed and downloaded from within the QNAP NAS management software. QNAP recently released V3.4 update to the NAS management software and users are encouraged to download and install this important update.
For more information of QPKG applications, please visit this page.
For more information on the V3.4 firmware, please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- NVIDIA preparing for GeForce GTX 1050 launch next month
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now