QNAP Expands Exclusive QPKG Application Offerings for Turbo NAS Customers
QNAP Systems, Inc., a leading manufacturer of world class NAS servers announced today 4 new QPKG add-on applications and 3 updates to the original QPKGs for its NAS customers. These QPKGs give users a versatile NAS covering their need from web applications such as Gallery, to media servers and download utilities consisting of PS3 Media Server, pyLoad, and Transmission. These applications improve a QNAP NAS by enabling it not only as a pure storage server, but also a powerful yet energy-efficient downloading machine, multimedia sharing center to game consoles with transcoding capability, IP TV streaming, online photo sharing server, and an all purposed web server with advanced manageability.
QNAP's QPKG applications are free to download and convenient for end users to install. "The QPKG platform is a great feature for users to explore unlimited possibilities of what a QNAP NAS is capable of," said James Wu, Product Manager of QNAP. "With over 20 QPKG apps now available to help create and manage databases, run websites, implement ecommerce, enjoy multimedia files, and much more". QNAP strives to stay ahead of consumer needs by providing innovated add-ons to make today's data-heavy society a more user friendly world.
The newly announced QPKG applications include:
pyLoad, a fast, lightweight and full-featured download manager for servers like a QNAP NAS to download files from common one-clicking websites such as RapidShare or Megaupoload, video sites (e.g. YouTube), or plain HTTP/FTP links.
Transmission, a BitTorrent client which features a simple interface on top of a cross-platform back-end.
Gallery, a popular photo album organizer enabling complete management and publication of digital photographs via an intuitive web interface.
Piwik, a real-time web analytics software program providing detailed reports on your website visitors, the search engines and keywords they used, the language they speak, and etc.
The updated QPKG applications include: PS3 Media Server, a DLNA compliant UPnP Media Server for the PS3, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding media files stored on the NAS; WordPress, a free, open-source personal publishing system that allows you to easily create a complex blog, or web log, on your site; OpenLDAP, an open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and is packaged with phpLDAPadmin to provide the web-based administration functionality
The new QPKG applications are currently available. All currently available QPKG applications can be viewed and downloaded from within the QNAP NAS management software. QNAP recently released V3.4 update to the NAS management software and users are encouraged to download and install this important update.
For more information of QPKG applications, please visit this page.
For more information on the V3.4 firmware, please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Nioh is finalized and ready for production
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99