ASUS Bamboo Series - For the style conscious with a conscience
Clever blend of ecology and technology that is fashion friendly
Sydney, Australia, November 13, 2008 - Embrace the earth in pure digital harmony with the ASUS Bamboo Series notebook. Green in design with fashion in mind, the Bamboo notebook is a matchless marvel that offers uncompromised elegance and superior performance. Ideal for the style conscious with a conscience, the Bamboo notebook is the accessory that enhances environmental awareness.
Supporting environmental sustainability, its verdant exterior embodies ecology and provides a natural balance with energy efficient elements camouflaged underneath. With the ASUS exclusive Super Hybrid Engine, the Bamboo notebook preserves power internally by intelligently monitoring component power requirements and automatically adjusting to meet current consumption needs - thus optimising system performance and energy efficiency. View vivid images on the WXGA LED-backlit LCD and carry out operations effortlessly with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology and Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate.
Strictly stylish combined with truly tech, the Bamboo Series notebook is crafted using recyclable bamboo - light, durable and renewable. From foundation to finish, the Bamboo notebook blends customary and contemporary components. It allows smooth wireless connectivity with gigabit ethernet high speed connection to the internet (wherever reception is available). Equipped with a built-in 0.3M pixel webcam and high quality microphone, the Bamboo notebook is ideal for wire free live video chat anywhere. Data security is also uncompromised and users can be assured of solid privacy protection with comprehensive security features including fingerprint authentication and TPM security.
Packaged in distinctive Moso bamboo paneling, the Bamboo notebook evokes a charming warmth and a cybernetic closeness to nature. A cutting edge creation that incorporates innate, ornate aesthetics, each Bamboo Series notebook is organically unique and radiates a divine spirituality - providing powerhouse computing in a polished package, moving environline. And with the threat of climate change at the world's doorstep, ASUS is turning the focus, cleverly blending ecology and technology that is fashion friendly - playing an important part as an active participant in the worldwide effort to protect the environment.
The ASUS Bamboo Series will be available in December 2008 through computer resellers - recommended retail price from AU$3,499 inc GST.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than 8,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion US dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100" and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan. For more information, visit http://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's game zone is a cyclopean Hive ship
- Use Meerkat to stream live video footage from your GoPro
- Hackers hijacking your webcam and finding ways to profit from it
- Fly a drone near the fire? County offering cash reward to find you
- Man using drone to perv has it shot down by Kentucky man with shotgun
- GA-Z77X-UD4H F3a Modified BIOS Possible Issue
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC 1TB External HDD Review
- P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Addonics AD2U31PX2 USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe 2X Add-On Card Review
- Innodata Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results
- MSI Launches Lean, Mean Gaming Machine, the Nightblade MI
- ADATA Launches the HD720 Rugged External Hard Drive
- Sharkoon Announces QuickPort XT Duo Clone and QuickPort XT HC Drive Docks
- Nexon and Electronic Arts to Bring PC Online Titanfal Experience to Asia