OWC ANNOUNCES INTERNAL HARD DRIVE/SSD UPGRADES FOR JUST ANNOUNCED NEW 2011 APPLE MACBOOK PRO MODELS
OWC "Do it Yourself" Kits Offer up to 33% More Capacity for Standard Drive Bay, Substantial Savings & Additional Options vs. Factory
March 1, 2011, Woodstock, IL -- Other World Computing (OWC®) http://www.macsales.com, a leading zero emissions Mac® and PC technology company, announced today the immediate availability of higher capacity, higher speed hard drives and Solid State Drives (SSDs) "Do it Yourself" kits for the new MacBook® Pro 13", 15", and 17" models announced by Apple® last week. OWC's complete upgrade kits provide all the needed tools, including a bus-powered external enclosure, for the easy installation, data transfer, and ongoing use of the original drive for additional external storage and/or data backup.
OWC Internal Hard Drive/SSD Upgrade Kits for MacBook Pro 13", 15", and 17" models include:
OWC 1TB Hard Drive Kit - features 33% more storage capacity than the largest 750GB drive factory option. Priced at: $122.99.
OWC 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive Kit - 50% more storage capacity than the largest 500GB 7200RPM drive factory option. Priced at: $124.99 (compared to up to $150 for factory 750GB 5400RPM upgrade option).
OWC Mercury Extreme Pro Solid State Drive (SSD) Kits - priced from $114.99 (up to 54% less than the factory SSD options) with capacities of up to 480GB.
OWC's broad line of Mac and PC notebook drive upgrades in capacities ranging from 500GB to 1TB as well as the industry's fastest OWC Mercury Extreme Pro SSD upgrades are available for immediate ordering at: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/hard-drives/2.5-Notebook
Memory Upgrades Available for New MacBook Pros with up to 55% Savings for 8GB
In addition to storage upgrades, OWC has also announced an 8GB Memory Upgrade Kit for the new MacBook Pro models, with savings of up 55% versus the factory installed 8GB option; as well as 6GB of total memory not available from the factory. Both memory upgrades are available immediately at:
Full product and ordering information for OWC memory, internal drive upgrades up to 1TB, optical bay upgrades, and other accessories for all Mac laptops, including the new 2011 models, is available at: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Apple_MacBook_MacBook_Pro/Upgrade
"We pride ourselves in offering new Mac owners more performance and expanded choices compared to factory available," said Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. "With memory, hard drive, SSD, and optical bay upgrades available, OWC is a one-stop shop for new MacBook Pro owners to get the most from their machine."
About Other World Computing (OWC)
Other World Computing (OWC) has been providing quality hardware products and support to the computer industry since 1988 and features one of the largest online catalogs of Macintosh®, PC, and iOS device enhancement products through its e-commerce portal http://www.macsales.com. As a member of the Apple Developer Program, OWC also provides extensive U.S. based technical support for Macintosh users around the world as well as Internet access via http://www.fastermac.net and http://www.owc.net.
Latest News Posts
- Storage is no sweat for the Transcend StoreJet 8TB USB 3.0 drive
- XIGMATEK pushes its a bright red power supply to market, the S550
- Ubisoft learns from Watch Dogs, shows games on 'target machines' at E3
- AMD financials continue to decline, even with the launch of Fury X
- Sony rumored to unveil its new Xperia Z5 smartphone in September
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC