Dominator® GT breaks World Record with 2nd Generation Intel® Core Processor Family
- Extreme overclockers "splmann" and "Mat" Post Record-Breaking 2711.5 Marks in MaxxMem -
FREMONT, California - February 10th, 2011 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced that its Dominator® GT ultra-high performance DDR3 memory was used to set a new world record for the MaxxMem benchmark with the new 2nd generation Intel Core processor family (Sandy Bridge).
Renowned extreme overclockers "splmann," aka Roger Tanner, and "Mat", aka Matthias Zronek, posted a list-topping score of 2711.5 marks running at 1,148 MHz at CL7-7-6-21 at 1T.
"We've broken several records with Corsair Dominator GT memory," stated Roger Tanner and Matthias Zronek. "It's truly outstanding. The reliability and headroom are amazing."
The hardware used included an Asus P8P67 WS Revolution motherboard, Intel® Core i7-2600K processor, and a pair of Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 memory modules.
More information about Corsair's high-performance memory products can be found on the Corsair web site.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, PC headsets and speaker systems, cooling systems and computer cases.
Latest News Posts
- HTC brings 30 companies together for VR, has $10 billion to spend
- Nintendo is officially researching VR
- Nintendo focusing on 'greatness of games' over hardware performance
- 'Tetris' movie becomes a trilogy, we don't know why
- Twitter hires ex-Apple UI designer to lead its VR and AR division
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities