AMD Boosts Application Development for AMD Fusion APU-Powered PCs with Updated Software Development Kit
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -1/27/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced availability of the updated AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) Software Development Kit (SDK) v2.3 with full support for the first AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs), OpenCL 1.1 and AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series graphics. AMD APP technology enables AMD GPUs and CPUs to work together to run many demanding computing tasks faster than possible with just the CPU alone.
AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing SDK v2.3, previously known as the ATI Stream SDK, empowers software developers to write new applications that can take full advantage of the parallel processing power of heterogeneous computing platforms, such as those based on new AMD E-Series and C-Series APUs that combine a multi-core CPU and DirectX®11-capable GPU on a single die.
"When developers harness the power of parallel processing within our APU designs, they can fundamentally change the PC experience to help not only make it faster, but also to create new possibilities in software," said John Taylor, director of Client Product and Software Marketing, AMD. "In 2008, AMD was the first processor design company to embrace OpenCL, and as such, we have made significant progress in parallel processing innovation. Our vision has been realized with the widespread availability of the first PCs powered by AMD Fusion APUs."
"Industry standards like OpenCL and OpenGL, common APIs, and tools like the AMD APP library and SDK give application developers a shared environment that allows them to harness maximum hardware performance for amazing application experiences across platforms," said George Tang, vice president and general manager of ArcSoft's Video and Home Entertainment Group. "By supporting these open standards, AMD is giving developers access to a programming environment that helps them more easily navigate the recent advances in computer hardware, including AMD's APU technology."
In addition to support for the first AMD Fusion APUs and OpenCL 1.1, AMD APP SDK v2.3 offers improved runtime performance and math libraries for OpenCL.
AMD Developer Summit
Improving OpenCL performance and programmability on AMD platforms is a key initiative for AMD, and this summer, AMD technical personnel, AMD executives, developers and partner companies will gather at the AMD Fusion Developer Summit to discuss industry standards including OpenCL, and to explore how to best optimize applications for heterogeneous computing.
The inaugural AMD Fusion Developer Summit (AFDS) will be held June 13-16, 2011 in Bellevue, Washington. Presentation proposals are due by February 4, 2011. AFDS will gather developers, academics and emerging innovators to learn more about heterogeneous computing, APU technology, parallel processing and developer programs like the AMD Fusion Fund.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- Acer's new 10-core smartphone will 'dominate' Android gaming
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015