AMD Boosts Application Development for AMD Fusion APU-Powered PCs with Updated Software Development Kit
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -1/27/2011
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced availability of the updated AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) Software Development Kit (SDK) v2.3 with full support for the first AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs), OpenCL 1.1 and AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series graphics. AMD APP technology enables AMD GPUs and CPUs to work together to run many demanding computing tasks faster than possible with just the CPU alone.
AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing SDK v2.3, previously known as the ATI Stream SDK, empowers software developers to write new applications that can take full advantage of the parallel processing power of heterogeneous computing platforms, such as those based on new AMD E-Series and C-Series APUs that combine a multi-core CPU and DirectX®11-capable GPU on a single die.
"When developers harness the power of parallel processing within our APU designs, they can fundamentally change the PC experience to help not only make it faster, but also to create new possibilities in software," said John Taylor, director of Client Product and Software Marketing, AMD. "In 2008, AMD was the first processor design company to embrace OpenCL, and as such, we have made significant progress in parallel processing innovation. Our vision has been realized with the widespread availability of the first PCs powered by AMD Fusion APUs."
"Industry standards like OpenCL and OpenGL, common APIs, and tools like the AMD APP library and SDK give application developers a shared environment that allows them to harness maximum hardware performance for amazing application experiences across platforms," said George Tang, vice president and general manager of ArcSoft's Video and Home Entertainment Group. "By supporting these open standards, AMD is giving developers access to a programming environment that helps them more easily navigate the recent advances in computer hardware, including AMD's APU technology."
In addition to support for the first AMD Fusion APUs and OpenCL 1.1, AMD APP SDK v2.3 offers improved runtime performance and math libraries for OpenCL.
AMD Developer Summit
Improving OpenCL performance and programmability on AMD platforms is a key initiative for AMD, and this summer, AMD technical personnel, AMD executives, developers and partner companies will gather at the AMD Fusion Developer Summit to discuss industry standards including OpenCL, and to explore how to best optimize applications for heterogeneous computing.
The inaugural AMD Fusion Developer Summit (AFDS) will be held June 13-16, 2011 in Bellevue, Washington. Presentation proposals are due by February 4, 2011. AFDS will gather developers, academics and emerging innovators to learn more about heterogeneous computing, APU technology, parallel processing and developer programs like the AMD Fusion Fund.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset