Seagate Technology Reports Fiscal Second Quarter 2011 Financial Results
SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. - January 19, 2011 -
Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) today reported financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2010. The company shipped 48.9 million disk drives and on a GAAP basis reported revenue of $2.7 billion, gross margin of 19.5%, net income of $150 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.31. On a non-GAAP basis, which excludes the net impact of purchased intangibles amortization and restructuring, Seagate reported net income of $159 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.33 for the quarter ended December 31, 2010.
For the six months ended December 31, 2010, the company reported on a GAAP basis revenue of $5.4 billion, gross margin of 19.9%, net income of $299 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.61. On a non-GAAP basis, which excludes the impact of purchased intangibles amortization and restructuring, Seagate reported net income of $339 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.70.
For reconciliation of non-GAAP to GAAP results, see accompanying financial tables.
Establishment of Revolving Credit Facility
On January 18, 2011 the company and its subsidiary Seagate HDD Cayman ("the Borrower") entered into a Credit Agreement which provides for a $350 million senior secured revolving credit facility. The revolving credit facility is currently undrawn and provides the company with flexibility to meet its business needs. Additional details regarding the Credit Agreement can be found in the Form 8-K filed today.
Seagate will hold a conference call to review its second fiscal quarter results today at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The conference call will consist of opening comments from Steve Luczo, CEO, followed by a question and answer session with the executive management team. During today's conference call, the company will provide an outlook for its third fiscal quarter of 2011, including key underlying assumptions.
Seagate has issued a Supplemental Commentary document. The Supplemental Commentary will not be read during today's call, but rather it is available in the investor relations section of seagate.com.
The conference call can be accessed online at seagate.com or by phone as follows: USA: (866) 770-7051 International: (617) 213-8064 Participant Passcode: 69764926
A replay will be available beginning today at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time. The replay can be accessed from seagate.com.
Seagate is the world leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions. Learn more at seagate.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega could be priced at up to $850
- Ryzen ThreadRipper delidded: half its CPU dies disabled
- EA made more on live services than games in Q1'17
- Xiaomi Mi 6 special edition available in only 100 units
- Samsung to launch Note8 Emperor Edition with 8GB/256GB?
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers