Master Overclocking Arena 2008
The Final Results of MSI China's Overclocking Competition
Leading mainboard manufacturer, MSI, is organizing the first-ever Master Overclocking Arena 2008 in Taipei, Taiwan to be held November 8-11, 2008. The event is powered by Intel, NVIDIA, OCZ Technology, Western Digital, Enermax and Geinus. MSI, best known for its Intel-based mainboards, graphics cards and notebooks, takes the lead in letting renown overclockers from countries around the world test its latest MSI P45 platform. Representing 30 countries, including Australia, China, Europe, Korea, South Africa, South East Asia, and Taiwan, the participants are made up of the winning warriors from four fierce competitions. Only these elite individuals have earned themselves a ticket to the Master Overclocking Arena 2008.
MSI 2008 Beijing Extreme Overclocking Challenge in China took place in Beijing's XiFan Hotel. The event will featured 20 rigorously selected overclockers who competed for a cash prize of RMB 20,000. ZOL, a major online IT information site which was responsible for handling media matters, did a live broadcast of the event in both web cam and written formats for MSI fans and the online community.
The 20 participants were the focus of the day. The event was divided into two categories, fan-based cooling systems and extreme cooling systems, with 10 participants in each.
Additionally, this year's MSI MOC2008 Beijing Competition was pleased to feature China's female overclocking champion, the beautiful Tracy Xu.
In the extreme category, Xun Yang was crowned the winner with a final 3DMark06 score of 15599. This score is higher than his previous mark of 15018 and higher than first round champion Hao Qu's 15049. This round Qu came in second place with a score 125 points less than Yang. The 15599 score is about 1.5 times the NVIDIA 9600GT factory default.
The extreme category's first and second place winners - Xun Yang and Hao Qu - will represent China on November 8 at the 2008 International MSI Master Overclocking Arena (MOA) in Taipei. We congratulate these two on their prowess and wish them luck in Taipei.
Latest News Posts
- LG partners with REEDS Jewelers for the LG Watch Urbane Luxe
- Report: Prior to breach, no one wanted to purchase Ashley Madison
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- Survive 'The Walking Dead' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Mortal Kombat X cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20