Super Talent Develops Small Solid-State Drives (SSDs) for Hard Disk Drive Replacement
0.85-Inch and 1.0-Inch SSD Uses Intel® NAND Flash-based Solid-State Drive technology
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Oct. 22, 2008 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced two new ultra-small solid-state drives (SSDs) that were developed using Intel technology for use in UMPC (Ultra Mobile PC) and DMB (Digital Multimedia Broadcasting) devices.
Super Talent is introducing 1.0-inch and 0.85-inch SSD models, both of which employ a parallel ATA (PATA/IDE) interface with a ZIF connector. These are definitely among the world's tiniest SSDs, designed to be smaller, faster, lighter and cheaper than the smallest hard disk drives (HDDs).
Super Talent C.O.O., Mr. CH Lee explained, "Super Talent's goal is to offer a comprehensive range of solid-state storage devices that are adaptable to every form factor and interface. We understand that each sector of the market has different storage requirements, and we're developing SSDs that are tailor made for each sector. This line of ultra small SSDs not only positions Super Talent as a leader in storage miniaturization, it represents an excellent range of storage solutions for the UMPC market."
These new SSDs are based on the Intel® Z-P140 Solid-State Drive, a NAND-based solution that combines a controller with single level cell NAND Flash Memory. "The Intel Z-P140 Solid-State Drive provides a flexible solution for a company like Super Talent to customize, using their in-house design and manufacturing capabilities, to meet additional market requirements for ultra small form-factor products," said Don Larson, product line marketing manager, Intel NAND Products Group.< o:p>
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, Calif., designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factory and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active m ember of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies, and holds more than 200 patents in Flash and DRAM technology.
Pricing is approximate as of announcement date and may change without notice. Usable capacity is less than specified after formatting. Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation.
Latest News Posts
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Corsair launches Bulldog SFF chassis and Lapdog mechanical keyboards
- G.Skill's TridentZ DDR4 RAM overclocked to an insane 5GHz
- HP teases a high-end PC backpack for VR, still a work in progress
- Corsair's custom-built Dominator Platinum RAM for ASUS ROG announced
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards