Greenliant NANDrive Solid-State Storage Products Now Faster With SATA Interface
Greenliant Systems, a leader in energy-efficient, highly secure and reliable solid-state storage products, has begun sampling its new SATA interface NANDriveTM GLS85LS product family to select customers seeking high-endurance, high-performance, fully-integrated, embedded flash solid-state drives (SSD). Greenliant's award-winning NANDrive combines an integrated SATA NAND controller and the widest range of NAND flash capacities-2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and 64 GB-in a multi-chip package.
For OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) requiring the durability and speed of SSDs in very small form factors, Greenliant's SATA NANDrive devices are 14mm x 24mm x 1.85mm. The NANDrive is offered in a 145 ball grid array (BGA), 1mm ball pitch package for easy, space-saving and cost-effective mounting to a system motherboard, and is ideal for data storage applications in portable computing, set-top box, industrial, automotive and networking systems.
"OEMs have recognized the benefits of Greenliant's NANDrive in providing superior reliability, and the addition of SATA-based NANDrive devices provides our customers with more options to choose a compatible SSD that best suits their needs for various market segments and applications," said Bing Yeh, CEO of Greenliant Systems. "While we are currently sampling our new commercial-grade SATA NANDrive products, an industrial-grade SATA NANDrive is under development for data-critical applications that need SSDs to withstand extreme temperature conditions."
Greenliant's SATA NANDrive is an energy and cost-saving device with active-mode power consumption as low as 500mW. It also features a deep power-down mode to further reduce power consumption to 10mW typical and is ideal for battery-powered applications.
The advanced security features of SATA NANDrive include a unique device ID, password protection and four independent zones that the user can set to different protection levels. In addition, SATA NANDrive allows the user to select specific areas of the SSD to "instant" erase sensitive content, instead of having to erase the entire drive.
SSD Lifespan Monitoring
Greenliant has taken industry-standard S.M.A.R.T. commands a step further with a GUI (graphical user interface) based monitoring and analysis tool that provides custom alerts indicating the remaining useful life of the SSD. This important feature also gives the user the ability to select optimal SSD capacity based upon specific application usage models.
Data Integrity Protection
With its SATA NANDrive, Greenliant introduces a system-level firmware solution that addresses NAND data retention issues, as well as preserves data integrity during power interrupts, reducing the risk of data loss.
Advanced Wear Leveling
Greenliant's NAND management technology is based on advanced static and dynamic wear-leveling algorithms that maximize the NANDrive lifespan allowing system engineers to address applications with long lifetime requirements such as industrial, medical, military, enterprise networking and automotive products.
Greenliant is currently sampling the GLS85LS NANDrive line with customers on select product engagements.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty WWII releases November 3
- Stardock: Switch doesn't really need third-party games
- Project Scorpio 4K vs 1080p side by side comparison
- PSN and Xbox LIVE hacker imprisoned for two years
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti HOF, 3 x 8-pin PCIe power & LCD panel
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SteelSeries brings gamers the world's first dual-surface RGB illuminated mousepad - introducing the QcK Prism