Shuttle Launches the XS35 Series 38 mm Thin Fanless HD-Ready Nettop
Shuttle Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of multi-form-factor solutions such as the world-famous XPC Mini-PC Barebones, today announces the official European sales launch of the XS35 series. There are in total eleven versions of the new model available, which all boast a compact format of just 38 mm in width, high connectivity and a completely passive (fanless) cooling system.
As the smallest-ever Mini-PC from Shuttle (25.2 x 3.85 x 16.2 [cm, DWH]) the XS35 offers particularly low energy consumption. The series is based on efficient technologies and uses the Intel Atom D510 dual-core processor (2x 1.66 GHz), SO-DIMM memory, 2.5 inch hard disks and slim-line drives. Since no fans are used at all, any models work virtually silently even under heavy load. Using no fans also means less maintenance is required.
Shuttle's XS35 series is offered in a number of very different variants. Nine complete systems with or without operating system as well as two barebones (without memory, drives and operating system) are available.
Shuttle Barebone XS35 - Intel GMA 3150 graphics, VGA output, up to 2 GB memory, space for two drives
Shuttle Barebone XS35GT - as XS35, but with next-generation NVIDIA ION graphics and VGA + HDMI outputs
XS35-703 - Intel GMA 3150 graphics, VGA output, 2 GB memory, 160 GB HDD
XS35-704 - as XS35-703, but with 320 GB HDD and DVD writer
XS35GT-804 - as XS35-704, but with next-generation NVIDIA ION graphics, VGA + HDMI outputs and 500 GB HDD
XS 3500BA - as XS35-704, but also with Windows 7 Professional
XS 3510MA - as XS35GT-804, but also with Windows 7 Home Premium
XS350VA - as XS35-704, but also with openSUSE Linux
In addition, the XS 3500B, XS 3500H and XS 3510M models are available as configurable versions in the Shuttle Systems Configurator.
Basically each XS35 model is fanless and offers 5x USB 2.0, WLAN (n, 150 MBit), LAN, audio, card reader and Kensington Lock. The optional PV01 accessory enables the machine to be fitted to VESA-compatible screens or mounts. Instead of an optical drive, it is also possible to integrate a second hard disk (PHD2 accessory) in many XS35 models.
All models, based on the XS35GT barebone, feature powerful next-generation NVIDIA ION graphics (ION2) with 512 MB of DDR3 memory and a HDMI-out which is ideal to connect it to modern Full-HD screens. Video and audio signals are transmitted in outstanding digital quality with just one cable while also ensuring fluid, CPU-offloading playback of HD videos (H.264 over network, from hard disk, as Flash or from a Blu-ray disk). There is therefore nothing to stop the installation of a Blu-ray drive.
"This innovative PC concept generated a great deal of enthusiasm and excitement at Computex. Now we are particularly pleased to announce the European launch," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH. "The fact that there is such a wide range of models at the outset means that buyers can choose the most suitable machine for their needs."
All Shuttle-manufactured complete systems with Windows operating system offer a Europe-wide free hotline as well as a 24-month Pick-up-and-Return service.
All the above products are available immediately from specialist retailers. Shuttle's recommended retail price for the XS35 Barebone is EUR 179. The RRP of the XS35GT Barebone is EUR 238. Turnkey complete systems based on the XS35 with pre-installed Windows 7 operating system are available from EUR 399 (all prices ex VAT).
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- at the Tony Cohen reveal
- The slows have been completely attributed regarding poor atmosphere q
- ensures that it is vital for simply let a rump toast that's been keen
- most people evaluate answered back 1 'Yes
- try using a spray bottle utilizing selection is in it
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines