Sony tunes in to digital radio growth in Australia
Sony Australia releases its first digital radio product, the CMTFX350i Micro HiFi system
Sydney - 27 July, 2010 - Sony is releasing its first digital radio product in Australia, the CMTFX350i Micro HiFi system, in time for digital radio's first Australian anniversary in August.
"Without a doubt, digital radio has injected a new wave of excitement into the age-old medium, offering listeners more entertainment options and a new level of quality sound," said Hassan Mahdi, Product Manager, Home Audio & Video, Sony Australia. "Over the last year, we've been watching the growth of digital radio in Australia with great interest. As more digital stations and content have become available and consumers begin to understand the possibilities of this format, we feel it's the right time to introduce our first digital radio product locally."
Digital radio offers superior sound quality, clearer reception and a wide range of radio stations to tune in to. Recognising the increasing popularity of this format, Sony's new stylish and compact Micro HiFi system is ideal for users who have not yet experienced the benefits that digital can deliver.
According to the Digital Radio Industry Report 2010, released by Commercial Radio Australia, over one third (38%) of Australians in metropolitan areas are likely to purchase a digital radio in the next 12 months and 58% of these respondants cite improved sound quality as the purchase reason. Offering great value, Sony's new Micro HiFi system delivers an enhanced listening experience and the benefits of digital radio to more Australians.
Micro HiFi system [CMTFX350i] key features:
Digital Radio (DAB+) and FM tuner - Get more listening choices with the built-in DAB and FM tuner, with 40 station presets
Integrated iPod® Dock - Play all your music from your iPod® music library
Stereo sound quality - Superior sound with 10W RMS power and a full range speaker system
Easy to use - Simple menu functions and key layout, plus remote control for operating freedom
CD Playback - Top loading CD player with shuffle, repeat and program functions
MP3 / Portable audio input - Connect your digital music player and play MP3s at full volume with great sound quality
Available now at a SRP of $279 inc GST
Information: For further information on Sony's Micro HiFi range, readers can contact Sony Australia on 1300 720 071 or visit http://www.sony.com.au/productcategory/ha-hifi-micro
Availability: Sony's Micro HiFi range is available from Sony Centre stores in major capital cities and online at http://www.sony.com.au/productcategory/ha-hifi-micro. It is also available through consumer electronics retailers nationally.
Images: Images can be downloaded from the Sony Australia Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonyaustralia. If you would like assistance, please contact Kate Harper at Hausmann Communications (02) 8353 5732.
Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, communications and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Sony Australia Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Sony Corporation of Japan. With a wide range of products across three main segments, consumer products, broadcast & professional and information technology products, Sony has become a leading electronics company in Australia.
Latest News Posts
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- re image
- Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse Review
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines