Sony tunes in to digital radio growth in Australia
Sony Australia releases its first digital radio product, the CMTFX350i Micro HiFi system
Sydney - 27 July, 2010 - Sony is releasing its first digital radio product in Australia, the CMTFX350i Micro HiFi system, in time for digital radio's first Australian anniversary in August.
"Without a doubt, digital radio has injected a new wave of excitement into the age-old medium, offering listeners more entertainment options and a new level of quality sound," said Hassan Mahdi, Product Manager, Home Audio & Video, Sony Australia. "Over the last year, we've been watching the growth of digital radio in Australia with great interest. As more digital stations and content have become available and consumers begin to understand the possibilities of this format, we feel it's the right time to introduce our first digital radio product locally."
Digital radio offers superior sound quality, clearer reception and a wide range of radio stations to tune in to. Recognising the increasing popularity of this format, Sony's new stylish and compact Micro HiFi system is ideal for users who have not yet experienced the benefits that digital can deliver.
According to the Digital Radio Industry Report 2010, released by Commercial Radio Australia, over one third (38%) of Australians in metropolitan areas are likely to purchase a digital radio in the next 12 months and 58% of these respondants cite improved sound quality as the purchase reason. Offering great value, Sony's new Micro HiFi system delivers an enhanced listening experience and the benefits of digital radio to more Australians.
Micro HiFi system [CMTFX350i] key features:
Digital Radio (DAB+) and FM tuner - Get more listening choices with the built-in DAB and FM tuner, with 40 station presets
Integrated iPod® Dock - Play all your music from your iPod® music library
Stereo sound quality - Superior sound with 10W RMS power and a full range speaker system
Easy to use - Simple menu functions and key layout, plus remote control for operating freedom
CD Playback - Top loading CD player with shuffle, repeat and program functions
MP3 / Portable audio input - Connect your digital music player and play MP3s at full volume with great sound quality
Available now at a SRP of $279 inc GST
Information: For further information on Sony's Micro HiFi range, readers can contact Sony Australia on 1300 720 071 or visit http://www.sony.com.au/productcategory/ha-hifi-micro
Availability: Sony's Micro HiFi range is available from Sony Centre stores in major capital cities and online at http://www.sony.com.au/productcategory/ha-hifi-micro. It is also available through consumer electronics retailers nationally.
Images: Images can be downloaded from the Sony Australia Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonyaustralia. If you would like assistance, please contact Kate Harper at Hausmann Communications (02) 8353 5732.
Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, communications and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Sony Australia Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Sony Corporation of Japan. With a wide range of products across three main segments, consumer products, broadcast & professional and information technology products, Sony has become a leading electronics company in Australia.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER