QLogic to Optimize InfiniBand Performance on NVIDIA Tesla GPUs Using NVIDIA GPUDirect
GPU-Equipped Clusters From NVIDIA, Coupled With QLogic TrueScale InfiniBand Fabric, Achieve New Levels of Computational and Message Passing Performance
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., May 31, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- QLogic Corp.
(Nasdaq:QLGC) today announced that it is working closely with NVIDIA to optimize performance of NVIDIA Tesla GPUs in multi-node configurations interconnected with QLogic(R) TrueScale(TM) InfiniBand(R) fabrics. By tapping into the new NVIDIA GPUDirect(TM) technology, QLogic InfiniBand adapters, switches and directors communicate directly with NVIDIA GPUs with reduced CPU involvement, reducing communication overhead for optimal results.
"HPC environments increasingly deploy multiple nodes with NVIDIA GPUs to speed up processing for computationally-intensive applications such as seismic processing and molecular dynamics modeling," said Andy Keane, general manager, Tesla business at NVIDIA. "QLogic's TrueScale InfiniBand architecture, optimized with our GPUDirect technology, natively supports this distributed computing environment with fully optimized NVIDIA-based GPU performance and industry-leading message passing performance."
QLogic's TrueScale InfiniBand architecture requires no application re-compilation or software patches to deliver computational performance with NVIDIA GPUs, and still maintain the industry-leading scalable latency and high message rate for which QLogic InfiniBand solutions are known.
"Our work with NVIDIA is another demonstration of how QLogic TrueScale InfiniBand goes beyond basic OpenFabrics implementations to fully optimize the performance of key cluster technologies," said Jesse Parker, vice president and general manager, Network Solutions Group, QLogic. "Our software development groups continually strive to anticipate and meet the needs of HPC users who are implementing the latest technologies to maximize application performance, and our support of NVIDIA and its innovative GPUDirect technology is a great example of how those efforts benefit customers."
InfiniBand Networks Powered by QLogic
QLogic offers a comprehensive, end-to-end portfolio of InfiniBand networking products for HPC, including QDR host channel adapters, QDR multi-protocol director and edge switches and intuitive tools to install, operate, and maintain high-performance fabrics. Delivering the industry's highest message rate, lowest MPI latency and highest effective bandwidth, QLogic InfiniBand adapters enable MPI and TCP applications to scale to thousands of nodes with industry-leading price-performance. As the most comprehensive and flexible HPC cluster interconnect fabric solutions on the market, QLogic QDR InfiniBand switches incorporate the industry's only management tools that enable an administrator to install and boot an InfiniBand fabric in minutes, helping to accommodate the growing demand for high performance computational clusters and grids.
Follow QLogic @ twitter.com/qlogic
QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC) is a global leader and technology innovator in high performance networking, including adapters, switches and ASICs.
Leading OEMs and channel partners worldwide rely on QLogic products for their data, storage and server networking solutions. QLogic is a NASDAQ Global Select company and is included in the S&P 500. For more information, visit http://www.qlogic.com.
Latest News Posts
- OnePlus won't replace faulty USB Type-C cable on its OnePlus 2 handset
- Introducing Li-Fi, the Wi-Fi killer that boasts 224Gbps
- NVIDIA rumored to be preparing the GeForce GTX 960 Ti
- AMD reduces price on Radeon R9 Fury X, Fury and Nano - Fury X now $589
- Star Trek DS9 Blu-ray campaign warps into view
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family