QLogic to Optimize InfiniBand Performance on NVIDIA Tesla GPUs Using NVIDIA GPUDirect
GPU-Equipped Clusters From NVIDIA, Coupled With QLogic TrueScale InfiniBand Fabric, Achieve New Levels of Computational and Message Passing Performance
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., May 31, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- QLogic Corp.
(Nasdaq:QLGC) today announced that it is working closely with NVIDIA to optimize performance of NVIDIA Tesla GPUs in multi-node configurations interconnected with QLogic(R) TrueScale(TM) InfiniBand(R) fabrics. By tapping into the new NVIDIA GPUDirect(TM) technology, QLogic InfiniBand adapters, switches and directors communicate directly with NVIDIA GPUs with reduced CPU involvement, reducing communication overhead for optimal results.
"HPC environments increasingly deploy multiple nodes with NVIDIA GPUs to speed up processing for computationally-intensive applications such as seismic processing and molecular dynamics modeling," said Andy Keane, general manager, Tesla business at NVIDIA. "QLogic's TrueScale InfiniBand architecture, optimized with our GPUDirect technology, natively supports this distributed computing environment with fully optimized NVIDIA-based GPU performance and industry-leading message passing performance."
QLogic's TrueScale InfiniBand architecture requires no application re-compilation or software patches to deliver computational performance with NVIDIA GPUs, and still maintain the industry-leading scalable latency and high message rate for which QLogic InfiniBand solutions are known.
"Our work with NVIDIA is another demonstration of how QLogic TrueScale InfiniBand goes beyond basic OpenFabrics implementations to fully optimize the performance of key cluster technologies," said Jesse Parker, vice president and general manager, Network Solutions Group, QLogic. "Our software development groups continually strive to anticipate and meet the needs of HPC users who are implementing the latest technologies to maximize application performance, and our support of NVIDIA and its innovative GPUDirect technology is a great example of how those efforts benefit customers."
InfiniBand Networks Powered by QLogic
QLogic offers a comprehensive, end-to-end portfolio of InfiniBand networking products for HPC, including QDR host channel adapters, QDR multi-protocol director and edge switches and intuitive tools to install, operate, and maintain high-performance fabrics. Delivering the industry's highest message rate, lowest MPI latency and highest effective bandwidth, QLogic InfiniBand adapters enable MPI and TCP applications to scale to thousands of nodes with industry-leading price-performance. As the most comprehensive and flexible HPC cluster interconnect fabric solutions on the market, QLogic QDR InfiniBand switches incorporate the industry's only management tools that enable an administrator to install and boot an InfiniBand fabric in minutes, helping to accommodate the growing demand for high performance computational clusters and grids.
Follow QLogic @ twitter.com/qlogic
QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC) is a global leader and technology innovator in high performance networking, including adapters, switches and ASICs.
Leading OEMs and channel partners worldwide rely on QLogic products for their data, storage and server networking solutions. QLogic is a NASDAQ Global Select company and is included in the S&P 500. For more information, visit http://www.qlogic.com.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- Halloween Sale: Under $7 for Evil Within & Mad Max
- ZOTAC's new mini PC packs full-sized GeForce GTX 1080
- Brand new Intel Kaby Lake HP laptops, up to $510 Off
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards