Corsair Launches 60GB, 120GB, and 240GB Force Series Solid-State Drives
¯ Class-leading performance of up to 285MB/sec read and 275MB/sec write, outstanding 4K write speed and IOPs -
FREMONT, California - May 20, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced three additions to its ultra high-speed Force Series SSDs. The additions to this product family include the F60, F120, and F240 Force Series SSDs, sporting densities of 60GB, 120GB, and 240GB respectively.
All Corsair Force Series SSDs are built using the Sandforce SF-1200 SSD Processors, which provide unparalleled write endurance, superior ECC data protection, and outstanding performance. Corsair engineers worked closely with Sandforce to implement and qualify firmware which guarantees the unusually fast 4K random write performance of 180 MB/s, measured using the ATTO benchmark. This elevated 4K write speed generates 15K IOPs, resulting in excellent system performance and responsiveness. All Force Series SSDs implement the ATA TRIM command, supported by Windows® 7, which helps to maintain optimal performance over the drive's lifetime.
The F60, F120, and F240 Force Series SSDs all support the maximum throughput specification of 285MB/s read and 275MB/s write. With no drop-off in performance when moving down to 60GB, the F60 is an ideal boot drive for a performance system, especially when combined with traditional spinning media for mass storage.
"We have had excellent feedback on our Force Series F100 and F200 from both reviewers and customers, and we are excited about expanding our Sandforce-based offerings," stated Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing at Corsair. "These solid-state drives are an excellent option for any enthusiast looking to build their system using the best storage system performance that is currently available."
The Force Series F60, F120, and F240 SSDs are expected to be available in June, 2010, from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. For more information on Corsair Force Series SSDs, please visit http://www.corsair.com/products/ssd_force/.
A photo of the New Corsair Force Series SSDs can be downloaded from here.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2010 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives