Corsair Launches 60GB, 120GB, and 240GB Force Series Solid-State Drives
¯ Class-leading performance of up to 285MB/sec read and 275MB/sec write, outstanding 4K write speed and IOPs -
FREMONT, California - May 20, 2010 - Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced three additions to its ultra high-speed Force Series SSDs. The additions to this product family include the F60, F120, and F240 Force Series SSDs, sporting densities of 60GB, 120GB, and 240GB respectively.
All Corsair Force Series SSDs are built using the Sandforce SF-1200 SSD Processors, which provide unparalleled write endurance, superior ECC data protection, and outstanding performance. Corsair engineers worked closely with Sandforce to implement and qualify firmware which guarantees the unusually fast 4K random write performance of 180 MB/s, measured using the ATTO benchmark. This elevated 4K write speed generates 15K IOPs, resulting in excellent system performance and responsiveness. All Force Series SSDs implement the ATA TRIM command, supported by Windows® 7, which helps to maintain optimal performance over the drive's lifetime.
The F60, F120, and F240 Force Series SSDs all support the maximum throughput specification of 285MB/s read and 275MB/s write. With no drop-off in performance when moving down to 60GB, the F60 is an ideal boot drive for a performance system, especially when combined with traditional spinning media for mass storage.
"We have had excellent feedback on our Force Series F100 and F200 from both reviewers and customers, and we are excited about expanding our Sandforce-based offerings," stated Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing at Corsair. "These solid-state drives are an excellent option for any enthusiast looking to build their system using the best storage system performance that is currently available."
The Force Series F60, F120, and F240 SSDs are expected to be available in June, 2010, from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. For more information on Corsair Force Series SSDs, please visit http://www.corsair.com/products/ssd_force/.
A photo of the New Corsair Force Series SSDs can be downloaded from here.
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DRAM memory modules, USB flash drives, power supply units, solid-state drives, cooling systems and computer cases.
Copyright© 2010 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- AMD is aiming at the VR market with its Polaris-based video cards
- Be 'Grimm' in our Season Four Blu-ray giveaway
- Did Bethesda just release its own uPlay-like games launcher?
- Dark Souls developer's next game will be on PlayStation VR
- AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 M480 rocks a Polaris 11 GPU
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition (RSCE) 16.4.2 Overview
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched