VIA Labs' USB 3.0 to SATA Controller Certified by USB-IF
Certification of the VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller ensures compliance with the USB 3.0 standard and interoperability with other USB devices
Taipei, Taiwan, 25 March 2010 - VIA Labs, Inc., a leading supplier of USB 3.0 integrated chip controllers, today announced the certification of its VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF). The comprehensive suite of tests conducted as part of the USB-IF Compliance and Certification Program ensures that certified products are interoperable with existing USB devices, while also offering all the speed and power enhancements of the new USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) specification.
Components that achieve certification qualify to use the SuperSpeed USB logo, designed to provide consumers with a way to evaluate a product's quality. Additionally, certified products are added to an Integrators List of compliant SuperSpeed USB devices, which is available to manufacturers at http://www.usb.org/developers/compliance. The Integrators List enables manufacturers to quickly check for USB 3.0 components that have met the USB-IF Certification and Compliance Program criteria.
"The VL700 provides a way for users to experience the benefits of USB 3.0 data transmission on their SATA, SSD and ODD devices," said David Hsu, Associate Vice President, VIA Labs, Inc. "Certification from the USB-IF is important for consumers as it guarantees this experience is seamless and trouble-free."
As one of the industry's foremost suppliers of USB 3.0 components, VIA Labs today presented at the Digitimes Tech Forum (DTF), a gathering of leading component manufacturers focused on exploring the opportunities created by new high speed transmission technologies including SuperSpeed USB. For more information, please visit http://www.digitimes.com.tw/seminar/DTF_990325.html (Chinese language).
About the VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller
The VL700 is a highly integrated single chip solution that allows users to connect SATA hard disk drive (HDD), solid state drive (SSD), and optical disc drive (ODD) devices to their PC via new USB 3.0 specification ports.
With data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps, USB 3.0 offers ten times the throughput available to USB 2.0 based devices, meaning large amounts of information stored on a SATA device can be effortlessly transferred to a PC in a fraction of the time it would usually take.
The VL700 USB 3.0-SATA Controller is now shipping; for pricing and availability, please contact your local VIA Labs sales representative or send an email to: email@example.com
About VIA Labs, Inc.
VIA Labs, Inc is the foremost supplier of USB 3.0 integrated chip controllers that are driving adoption of the new SuperSpeed USB data transfer specification. A wholly owned subsidiary of x86 processor platform provider, VIA Technologies, Inc., VIA Labs leverages its experience in high-speed serial link interfaces, in-house PHY design, and complete system integration to offer customers industry leading technology along with guaranteed high quality and implementation support. http://www.via-labs.com
Latest News Posts
- Eve opens up donations of in-game currency towards Nepal aid
- PAYDAY 2 just released its 21st DLC - 'The Butcher's Western Pack'
- The new Force Awakens trailer with a terrible twist - Jar Jar Binks
- David Goldberg, chief executive of SurveyMonkey passes away
- iPad Pro rumors heat back up, leading with a 12.9-inch display
- Wake on lan problem
- GB G97x ud5 bk with Kingston Hyperx Predator SHPM2280p2H/240g pcie ssd
- Crucial C300 and M4 dont work together on Asrock Z68 Extreme4en3
- Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming-3 RAM problem with Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP
- Gigabyte GA-Z97-UD5H-BK: What changes for revision 1.2?
- CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE ASCENDANCE AVAILABLE NOW ON PLAYSTATION AND PC
- ESL Mortal Kombat X launch event establishes title as a force in fighting game esports
- PLEX for GOOD - Nepal Earthquake Relief
- The 21st DLC for PAYDAY 2, "The Butcher's Western Pack" launched on Steam April 30th
- COUGAR celebrates first year in Gaming Peripherals, announces exciting future