ASUS Introduces the Rampage III Extreme Motherboard
Drive your System Beyond the Limit
Sydney, Australia, 23 March 2010 - ASUS Republic of Gamers reveals the latest addition to their roster of performers, the world-record shattering Rampage III Extreme. Delivering Intel's X58/ICH10R chipset with support for the Intel® processors in the LGA1366 package up to six cores and a plethora of features demanded by intense users, this board is the only choice for PC speed demons.
Welcome to the Overclockers' Delight
Remote tweaking becomes effortless thanks to built-in ROG Connect and RC Bluetooth, giving users the freedom to unchain true hardware potential. That's only part of the picture, since this board comes with a host of accoutrements, including the outlandish Extreme OC Kit overclocking tool, which takes the concept way beyond the norm. USB BIOS Flashback allows for easy instant flashing of the BIOS, all the better to drive the most spectacular results through up to four full graphics cards. R3E contains the latest iteration of Extreme Engine Digi+ voltage modulation technology for purer, more stable power.
It's Got the Power
Extreme Engine Digi+ provides solid power management on Rampage III Extreme. It melds all the advantages of analog and digital VRM design to cut on switching latency and improve overall fidelity in the board. Pulse width modulation (PWM) likewise gains in finesse for added board tolerance, paving the way for exploratory overclocking. Heat dissipation is improved 30% over traditional MOSFET, while conductivity has gone up by 40%, both thanks to use of FET+ in construction. ASUS has responded to feedback from competitive overclockers by included a newly-designed signal choke that handles up to 40 amperes.
The OC Kit has a LN2 mode and a Q reset that addresses cold boot problems and enables fast operation even under very low temps during extreme overclocking. Dual 8-pin power connectors and two 4-pin Molex plugs furnish CPU and GPU with ample room, freeing power while preventing mishaps. Thoughtful touches encourage inventive testing, including a convenient PCIe X16 lane signal disabling allowing users to test each graphics card individually for optimised results.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with a broad product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's home and office users. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than 10,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2009 was US$7.5 billion. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to reveal next-gen Volta architecture at GTC 2017
- Volta-based GeForce cards coming in 2018 with 48GB GDDR6
- NVIDIA to refresh Pascal GPU architecture in 2017
- New 'Doctor Strange' trailer spends time with villain
- AMD brings Polaris to embedded, the last frontier
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now