MAINGEAR Updates SHIFT Everday Super Computer to Include Core i7 980X and More
SHIFT now configurable with Intel's 6 core Core i7 980X processor, SATA 6Gb, and USB 3.0, winning PC Mag's Editors' Choice Award
Union, New Jersey - March 16, 2010 - MAINGEAR Computers, award-winning builders of custom computers for PC gamers and enthusiasts, announces a hardware refresh for the SHIFT everyday supercomputer. The revamped hardware is highlighted by Intel's Core i7 980X 6 core, hyperthreaded 3.33GHz processor, giving enthusiasts the ability to run up to an astonishing 12 threads in parallel enabling your PC to execute multiple CPU intensive tasks at once. SHIFT also now boasts scorching fast SATA 6G that enables Crucial's new RealSSD C300 to reach speeds of 335 MB/s on sustained reads, which is now also available on the SHIFT.
MAINGEAR's implementation of USB 3.0 further solidifies SHIFT's high performance prowess allowing newer flash drives and external SSDs to really fly at speeds up to 5Gbps. To ensure the new state-of-the-art hardware doesn't come at the cost of added decibels, MAINGEAR integrated AcoustiPack sound dampening that keeps the system whisper quiet no matter what's going on under the hood. In their review on March 11th, PC Mag awarded this new SHIFT their coveted Editors' Choice award.
"The new Intel Core i7 980X is the fastest, smartest Desktop PC microprocessor on the planet, and it only makes sense that it's prominently featured in the masterfully hand crafted MAINGEAR SHIFT," said CJ Bruno, VP, GM Intel Americas. "The MAINGEAR SHIFT, featuring an overclocked Intel Core i7 980X, was recognized by PC Magazine as one of the fastest gaming PCs on the market today and awarded their Editors Choice."
"Our all new 2010 SHIFT is taking the pole position in the high performance consumer desktop market," said Wallace Santos, CEO and Founder of MAINGEAR. "By intelligently integrating best-of-breed hardware and supporting it with top-tier, in-house technical support by the same guys who built your system, we're delivering the best PC experience money can buy."
MAINGEAR's SHIFT rethinks the status quo of the high end PC industry with rigs that often feature an array of plastic, bling, and commoditized components and offers every day supercomputing in a sophisticated design with sublime, elegant lines, unmatched performance, optimal airflow, and limitless upgradeability. By harnessing the power of the graphics processing unit (GPU), the SHIFT can speed up everyday tasks like photo and video editing, transcoding videos for portable media devices, and upscaling standard definition video.
Consumers can purchase the Shift at MAINGEAR's Web site http://www.maingear.com or order by phone at (888-MAINGEAR). The base price for the Shift is $1,799 and comes with MAINGEAR's premium Lifetime Labor and Phone Support with 2 year hardware warranty and is backed by the best in-house support team in the country.
MAINGEAR is the premier high performance systems integrator in North America. MAINGEAR custom builds gaming, home office, mobile, multimedia, small business and 3D workstation solutions of the highest quality, which have won them many editors' choice awards in every major computer publication such as C-Net, [H]ard|OCP, Maximum PC, CPU Magazine, etc. For more information on MAINGEAR, please visit http://www.maingear.com or call, toll-free, (888)624-6432.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines