VIA Launches Pico-ITXe Platform for Fleet Management Devices
VIA Technologies, Inc, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced its latest technology platform for fleet management device designs. The VIA EPIA-P710-D is a Pico-ITXe expansion module that allows system integrators to easily create cutting-edge fleet management devices that incorporate a range of the latest communication and intelligent management technologies.
Designed for easy integration into the dashboard of any vehicle, this new fleet management hardware platform provides the advanced x86 backbone necessary for today's advanced fleet and logistics management applications including fuel management, active scheduling, advanced routing, asset monitoring and the latest emergency, safety and rescue features.
"The VIA EPIA-P710-D can be used to create a range of incredibly versatile and full featured in-vehicle devices that can communicate and increasingly make intelligent management decisions," said Daniel Wu, Vice President, VIA Embedded Platform Division, VIA Technologies, Inc. "The Pico-ITXe standard also offers a uniquely modular approach to platform design, facilitating faster time-to-market and design cycles."
The VIA EPIA-P710-D Pico-ITXe Expansion Module
The VIA EPIA P710-D works in tandem with the Pico-ITXe-based VIA EPIA-P710 board, adding an I/O feature set tailor-made for fleet management device design. These include three Mini PCI Express slots that can be used to employ a wide range of Wi-Fi, GSM, 3G/3.5G, GPS and GPRS modules depending on specific regional and application requirements.
The VIA EPIA-P710-D is designed to accurately suit any device that is fitted directly to the dashboard, occupying one DIN unit. The VIA EPIA-P710 board is connected using SUMIT connectors, positioning the VIA Eden processor downwards allowing simple passive cooling designs that can incorporate the chassis of the device.
Front side I/O includes a SIM slot and SD card reader for easy access to GSM services and local data storage, as well as access for two USB 2.0 ports, audio jacks and HDD activity and power LEDs. Internal storage needs are provided by both IDE and SATA ports with rear I/O providing access to VGA, COM, UART and GPIO technologies.
The VIA EPIA-P710: The World's First Pico-ITXe Board
Measuring only 10cm x 7.2cm, the VIA EPIA-P710 is the very first board to take advantage of the new Pico-ITXe standard and SUMIT connector specifications. Powered by a 1.0GHz VIA Eden processor and the VIA VX800 media system processor, the compact VIA EPIA-P710 is incredibly versatile with a full feature set that makes it perfect for a range of segment specific, I/O-centric embedded applications.
For more information about the VIA EPIA-P710 and the VIA EPIA-P710-D expansion module, please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- Guillermo del Toro says that Silent Hills "is not gonna happen"
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is official, beta available soon
- Swedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Error when updating Intel Management Engine software for Ivy Bridge CPU install
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!