AMD and Sogitec Drive Training and Simulation 3D Graphics
ATI FirePro S400Synchronization Module and ATI FirePro V8750 receive certification for Sogitec Apogee 6 Image Generator System
ORLANDO, Fla. --12/2/2009 Today at I/ITSEC 2009, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced that Sogitec Industries, a leading provider of simulation and training products, has certified ATI FirePro S400 Synchronization Modules and ATI FirePro V8750 graphics accelerators for its products. Professionals are looking for technology solutions to meet the demands of current video and 3D applications that enable more realistic training, education and simulation scenarios. To support these demanding applications that require synchronized 3D rendering across graphics processors in different systems (known as Framelock), the combined use of the ATI FirePro S400 and the ATI FirePro V8750 offer even output across multiple displays or video projectors to create a smooth virtual canvas. Customers can purchase a system based on the combined technology of AMD and Sogitec - a system designed to exceed expectations.
The ATI FirePro S400 Synchronization Module:
Delivers Framelock functionality by combining synchronized display output and simultaneous 3D buffer swapping, to help ensure GPUs in connected systems deliver output video in perfect lock-step.
Is a single card solution with a dedicated processor capable of supporting clock-accurate, simultaneous GPU synchronization. Combine it with Sogitec Apogee 6 Image Generator Systems for robust, reliable and precise sync, plus vivid and realistic 3D imagery for life-like flight simulations.
Is a drop-in solution, fitting into standard PCI or PCIe slots and compatible with virtually any type of chassis or motherboard.
Is compatible with ATI FirePro V8750 3D graphics accelerators and supports existing software interfaces.
Like all ATI FirePro3D workstation graphics accelerators, is engineered to deliver innovation and reliability for a wide range of professional operating environments, including Windows® XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Linux.
AMD is currently working with its simulation, training, video and broadcast partners to certify the ATI FirePro S400 Synchronization Module for use with their systems.
"Flight simulation customers demand simulation technology that helps reduce total cost of ownership by simplifying installation, deployment and maintenance," said Joël Clairon, director of Marketing and Sales, Sogitec. "The ATI FirePro S400 enables robust, reliable high density synchronized 3D rendering for Sogitec Apogee 6 Image Generators, but more importantly it's designed to allow future updates to be deployed in the field without requiring internal access to the host system, saving time and effort."
"AMD is driving adoption of 3D professional graphics technology by delivering leading performance and compatibility to meet the demanding requirements of video, broadcast, simulation and rich display applications," said Janet Matsuda, senior director of Professional Graphics, AMD. "By working closely with simulation and training partners, AMD is delivering 3D graphics solutions that immerse users and suspend disbelief."
About Sogitec Industries
A fully owned subsidiary of Dassault Aviation, Sogitec Industries is a leader in the market of support products and services for complex aerospace and defense systems based upon its two main areas of technical expertise: simulation & training and technical publications. For more information, visit http://www.sogitec.com.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- PlayStation Experience 2016: watch here live
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset