eBay Teams Up With Microsoft to Offer Daily Deals
Windows Internet Explorer 8 offers features to enhance the online holiday shopping experience.
REDMOND, Wash. - Nov. 25, 2009 - Microsoft Corp. and eBay Inc. today announced they are partnering to offer eBay Daily Deals through a new Internet Explorer 8 Web Slice for the holidays. With most holiday shoppers looking to save money, Microsoft and eBay will present online Daily Deals through a new Windows Internet Explorer 8 Web Slice that will showcase popular products selling at deep discounts. Customers will receive continuing updates and detailed information about these Daily Deals for eBay, all within the Favorites Bar in Internet Explorer 8.
"With almost 200 million live listings, the eBay Marketplace is second to none when it comes to holiday gift options," said Rob Chesney, vice president of buyer and seller experience, eBay. "This season we are making it even easier for Internet Explorer 8 users to find amazing products at deep discounts with the eBay Daily Deals Web Slice."
Windows Internet Explorer 8 Guide to Online Shopping: Online shopping is up this year. Hear tips from kid experts on how to make the most of it.
With online shopping expected to increase this season, Internet security is a key concern for consumers. In direct response to customers' needs, Microsoft developed Internet Explorer 8 with built-in security protection. A study by NSS Labs shows that Internet Explorer is the leading modern browser in malware and phishing protection.
"Our customers tell us they want a browser that puts them in control of their security and privacy, and those are key ingredients to a positive online experience," said Amy Barzdukas, general manager of Internet Explorer and Consumer Safety, Microsoft. "The eBay Daily Deals Web Slice is just one more great reason to upgrade to and use Internet Explorer 8 for all your online holiday shopping."
The holidays are a fun time to surprise friends and family with gifts from the heart. The InPrivate Browsing feature in Internet Explorer 8 allows consumers to shop online without leaving information behind for others to find on shared computers. InPrivate Browsing allows the user to control whether or not Internet Explorer 8 saves the browsing history, cookies, temporary Internet files and other data.
For enhanced holiday shopping online, eBay and Microsoft offer customers the opportunity to find the best Daily Deals through the innovative use of Internet Explorer 8 Web Slice. Internet Explorer 8 delivers the features that Internet users want, making the browser faster and easier, while increasing security and privacy - for online holiday shopping and beyond. eBay will also launch a "12 Days of Deals" promotion along with an exclusive Mystery Deal featured each day of the Daily Deal from Nov. 27 through Dec. 8.
Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. (Nasdaq "EBAY") connects hundreds of millions of buyers and sellers globally on a daily basis through eBay, the world's largest online marketplace, and PayPal, which enables individuals and businesses to securely, easily and quickly send and receive online payments. We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay Classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world. For more information about the company and our global portfolio of online brands, visit http://www.ebayinc.com/.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand