A-DATA OStoGO Software Allows You to Install Windows® 7 via USB Flash Drive
Taipei, Taiwan - October 27, 2009 - A-DATA Technology, the world leader in DRAM modules and flash memory products, today introduces a useful value-added software, OStoGO which is a tool to convert Windows 7 setup system to USB flash drive. Now, users can treat USB flash drive as a bootable key to install Windows 7 on your Netbook!
For PCs without optical drives such as Netbooks, UMPCs and MIDs, installing a new OS could be a time-consuming task. With A-DATA OStoGO software, users are capable of converting bootable DVD to USB flash drive and install OS themselves via bootable USB flash directly. Featuring user-friendly interface (UI) and one-click-conversion, OStoGO can easily solve your installation issues by three simple steps. First, insert your Windows 7 DVD(*1) into optical drive. Second, plug your A-DATA USB connector into a USB port. Thirdly, specify drive letter and click start. Then, the Windows 7 setup system is fully transferred into the USB flash drive(*2)! Now you can setup windows 7 at a blazing booting speed by A-DATA USB flash drive!
OStoGO software (beta) will be released out at the early November. It supports all A-DATA USB flash drive series, hard disk drive series and SSDs with USB connectors on it. Consumers who have been purchasing those products with capacity more than 4GB since July 2008 are free to download it. In addition to OStoGO, A-DATA also provides other free-download value-added software such as UFDtoGO, HDDtoGO and Norton Internet Security 2009 (60-day trial). For more information, please visit http://www.adata-group.com/en/software_download.php.
*1 Users need to obtain a genuine license of Windows Vista/7 software, and accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) from Microsoft.
*2 When the conversion completes, just set BIOS to USB HDD emulation mode to boot and then install OS as usual.
A-DATA Technology, the world's 2nd largest vendor of DRAM Modules (iSuppli, May 2009), 4th largest of USB Flash Drives (Gartner, May 2009), and the Top 20 global brand in Taiwan, provides complete memory solutions, including DRAM Modules, USB Flash Drives, Memory Cards, Solid State Drives and Portable Hard Drives. Committed to constant innovation, A-DATA delivers first-rate quality and industry-leading product performance to worldwide customers. Widely known for its distinctive design, A-DATA products are internationally recognized by Germany's iF Design Award, Reddot Award, CES Best of Innovations Award, Japan's Good Design Award, Best Choice of Computex Award, and Taiwan Excellence Gold Award. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adata-group.com
Latest News Posts
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- Google possibly making all-in-one, self-powered VR headset
- Quantum Break is DX12 only, requires 8GB of RAM minimum
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives