S3 Graphics Introduces 5400E Power Efficient GPGPU Processor
S3 Graphics announced the latest addition to its power-efficient embedded graphics processor family, with the unveiling of the OpenCL 1.0 capable Chrome 5400E GPGPU processor. The S3 Graphics 5400E will be unveiled at the Electronic Manufacturer Exposition (eMEX), October 22nd - 25th, in Suzhou, China at the Suzhou International Expo Center, Hall 4A, Booth No. 4K08.
OpenCL is an open, cross-platform standard used to harness the power of a GPUs internal shaders to accelerate parallel computations in applications ranging from scientific, medical, and other high performance computing (HPC) markets. The native OpenCL engine in the 5400E GPU enables our partners to go beyond graphics and video, and penetrate these diverse HPC markets.
"S3 Graphics continues to empower key embedded technology providers, helping extend their market offerings based on our growing portfolio of feature-rich products, incorporating next-generation technologies like General Purpose GPU computing, as well as the latest 3D graphics architectures, HD video decode and encode, and the latest HDMI and Display Port display interfaces," said Dr. Ken Weng, GM for S3 Graphics. "Our new Chrome 5400E truly bridges the gap between PC and embedded device design, giving customers true GPU versatility."
Native support of OpenCL with the industry's best GFLOPS per watt rating including a DirectX 10.1 / OpenGL 3.1 graphics engine, ChromotionHD video core for HD video decode including Blu-ray, H.264, and VC-1, a video encode engine, and OpenVG 1.1 engine in the 5400E creates the most versatile GPU for embedded applications requiring longevity, customization, performance, features, and low power.
DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.1 applications on Microsoft Windows and Linux platforms can be effectively run using the Chrome 5400E programmable shader cores to speed up 3D simulations, 3D rendering applications, and other visual processing functions. OpenVG 1.1 support boosts 2D based vector graphics for scalable graphics and video vector based applications.
Driver support of Microsoft operating systems includes Windows 7 Aero, Vista Aero, XP, and CE. Linux kernel 2.6.xx with support for RedHat, SuSE, Ubuntu, Fedora Core, Debian, along with other Linux distributions are supported by the 5400E drivers. For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook