Novatech is ready with Windows 7
UK wide stores to open at 6am on 22nd October
October 19, 2009: Portsmouth, UK: Novatech Ltd, UK's leading PC and laptop manufacturer announced today official launch plans for Windows 7. "This is no ordinary Microsoft OS release" remarked Kriss Pomroy, Commerical Director, Novatech, "We've not seen as much hype and enthusiasm for a new operating system since Windows 95" he added.
On launch day, 22nd October, Novatech stores across the UK will open their doors at 6am, up to 4 hours early, making Novatech one of the first in the UK to physically sell Windows 7 pre-installed. "I wouldn't be surprised if we get a queue at the door" said John Logan, Retail Manager, Novatech, "many customers are likely to drop by to pick up their copy before going to work" he explained.
What's more, Novatech will be laying on a breakfast spread for early birds. Danish pastries and fresh fruit juice will be on offer to enjoy with the Windows 7 experience. Everyone making a purchase or collecting their copy of Windows 7 or PC or laptop pre-installed with the new OS between 6 and 9am will be entered into a prize draw to win £100 of Novatech vouchers.
Novatech's entire range of PC's and laptops, online and in-store will be pre-loaded and optimised for Windows 7. "We've had very few issues with compatibility during testing and deployment" claimed John Cooper, Production Manager, Novatech, "There is virtually no reason why anyone wouldn't want to upgrade to Windows 7".
Customers have the choice of Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate Editions and a Novatech netbook will also be making its debut featuring Windows 7 Starter Edition. All systems are pre-installed with Internet Explorer 8, Microsoft Media Player, Microsoft Office 2007 trial, and several Microsoft live services to ensure a great out-of-the-box experience.
Novatech has also pre-sold Windows 7 retail skus in their thousands at a discounted price of £69.99, over half the normal £149.99 price tag. Customers have either opted for an in-store collection or delivery on launch day.
Customers wishing to experience Windows 7 can visit any Novatech store from for a live demo as of today. Novatech's award winning customer service and sales staff will be ready to answer any questions.
About Novatech Ltd
Novatech was established in 1987 as a mail order supplier of motor parts, however it soon branched out to cover all areas of IT supplies. Within 4 years it had established itself as a leading mail order reseller of all aspects of I.T. hardware.
In 1992 Novatech's first major site was opened to the public to allow the local customers to pick up their goods. Even though the site was situated directly behind the current PC World, Novatech continued to grow. In March 1997, Novatech outgrew the Dundas Spur store and moved to its current base at Hamilton Road, Portsmouth.
Latest News Posts
- AMD details their new Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards
- Watch 26 minutes of leaked No Man's Sky footage
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- Z170 Deluxe Help Setup with RAID10 + SSD for OS
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio