Logitech Harmony 700 Remote Simplifies Home Entertainment
Rechargeable Remote Features One-Click Control, Color Screen
FREMONT, Calif. - Sept. 3, 2009 - You and your family love to be entertained - enjoying TV, movies, games and music - in the comfort of your living room. But getting to your entertainment can be difficult, often requiring that you use several remotes just to get to your favorite TV show. The Logitech Harmony® 700 remote, the newest universal remote from Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI), can help simplify your home entertainment by replacing up to six remotes. The Harmony 700 remote features a color screen, rechargeable batteries and one-click control of your favorite activities.
"Millions of families around the world are investing in better home-entertainment systems, complete with flat-screen TVs and other devices; however, each new device adds another remote to the coffee table and another level of complexity to what should be an enjoyable experience," said Ashish Arora, vice president and general manager of Logitech's Harmony business unit. "If you have a half-dozen components and an AV receiver, the new Logitech Harmony 700 is the smartest way to get the most out of that setup."
To get you to your entertainment faster, the Logitech Harmony 700 remote offers one-button control. Instead of a complex series of button presses, or complicated lists of what to turn on or which button to select, after completing the online setup, you just select what you want to do - such as "Watch a DVD" - and your Logitech Harmony 700 remote does the rest.
Color LCD Screen
The color LCD screen gives you at-a-glance access to your entertainment options. For example, if you're watching TV, you can see icons for your favorite channels, making it easy to jump to your favorite shows with one click - there's no need to enter, or remember, the channel number.
Always Charged and Ready
The Harmony 700 comes with rechargeable AA batteries that can go several weeks between charges. When it's time, just connect the remote to the power adaptor and plug it in to recharge. You won't have to hunt for fresh batteries when it's time for your favorite show.
Easy To Set Up
Setting up the Logitech Harmony 700 remote is a snap. You'll never need to punch a code into your remote. Instead, you connect Logitech's newest remote to your PC or Mac® computer, go to http://www.logitech.com/MyHarmony, and download the software. You'll then be prompted to enter the name of your component and the model number - the Logitech Harmony software does the rest. From Betamax to Blu-Ray - you can be sure the Logitech Harmony 700 remote can control virtually any IR home-electronic device. Our online database of more than 250,000 home entertainment devices grows every day. So, you can be sure your remote will work with what you own today and what you add tomorrow.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Harmony 700 remote is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in September for a suggested retail price of $149.99 (U.S.).
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- The first official pictures of Radeon RX Vega leaked
- AMD Vega 20 with 32GB of HBM2 teased with Vega 10/11/12
- Coolest thing you'll see today: 360° video from a rocket
- Intel hits record $14.8 billion second quarter earnings
- Battlegrounds on Xbox One X: 30-40FPS with 100 in server
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers