Futuremark and GIGABYTE Announce Worldwide Overclocking Competition
Fantastic prizes to be awarded in multiple categories by GIGABYTE, FSP, Maxcube, GlacialTech, GSkill, and Enermax
Futuremark® Corporation today announced a new competition for PC overclockers everywhere. Utilizing AMD and GIGABYTE hardware, contestants worldwide will compete in two segments for the overall "Gigabyte Dragon" title within multiple prize award categories.
The contest entry period will run from Aug 17th to Sep 13th. Prizes will be awarded to first to third place finishers for the following segments, top 3DMark score and top CPU overclocking.
Grand prizes include GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard, FSP Everest 800 Watt power supply, Maxcube Amoris 6010 Architectural Designed Gaming Case, GlacialTech X-Wing Notebook Cooling Pad, Gskill F3 Triple Channel DDR3 6GB memory module, and Enermax Apollo series 12cm Fan. Additional prizes awarded to second and third place runner-ups as well as two weekly lucky draw prizes for GIGABYTE motherboards given away just for entering.
"This is the largest overclocking event of its type we've ever seen. We're delighted to be partnering with Futuremark to support GIGABYTE overclockers everywhere with this community building competition," said Tony Liao, GIGABYTE Marketing Director.
Contestants will be competing to see who can achieve the highest score with 3DMark06, a benchmark program from Futuremark that measures the 3D gaming performance capabilities of PCs. 3DMark software has been downloaded more than 45 million times. The 3DMark06 edition is currently the world's most popular benchmark and can be downloaded for free from the Futuremark website.
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio