Futuremark and GIGABYTE Announce Worldwide Overclocking Competition
Fantastic prizes to be awarded in multiple categories by GIGABYTE, FSP, Maxcube, GlacialTech, GSkill, and Enermax
Futuremark® Corporation today announced a new competition for PC overclockers everywhere. Utilizing AMD and GIGABYTE hardware, contestants worldwide will compete in two segments for the overall "Gigabyte Dragon" title within multiple prize award categories.
The contest entry period will run from Aug 17th to Sep 13th. Prizes will be awarded to first to third place finishers for the following segments, top 3DMark score and top CPU overclocking.
Grand prizes include GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard, FSP Everest 800 Watt power supply, Maxcube Amoris 6010 Architectural Designed Gaming Case, GlacialTech X-Wing Notebook Cooling Pad, Gskill F3 Triple Channel DDR3 6GB memory module, and Enermax Apollo series 12cm Fan. Additional prizes awarded to second and third place runner-ups as well as two weekly lucky draw prizes for GIGABYTE motherboards given away just for entering.
"This is the largest overclocking event of its type we've ever seen. We're delighted to be partnering with Futuremark to support GIGABYTE overclockers everywhere with this community building competition," said Tony Liao, GIGABYTE Marketing Director.
Contestants will be competing to see who can achieve the highest score with 3DMark06, a benchmark program from Futuremark that measures the 3D gaming performance capabilities of PCs. 3DMark software has been downloaded more than 45 million times. The 3DMark06 edition is currently the world's most popular benchmark and can be downloaded for free from the Futuremark website.
Latest News Posts
- LG begins promoting 8K, with its massive 7680x4320 resolution
- Facebook's new 'Scrapbooks' feature, organizes photos of your kids
- Huawei secures 33% increase in profits for 2014
- Court grants RadioShack, Sprint co-branding of retail stores
- Sony unveils limited edition Batman: Arkham Knight PS4 console
- E2200 Killer Ethernet driver for Linux with Wakeup-On-Lan WOL
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Review - Add Storage to your iOS Device
- EVGA X99 Micro (Intel X99) Micro-ATX Motherboard Review
- Extreme 6 for SLI and M.2?
- Z77X-UD3H Back USB Ports Not Working
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi