Futuremark and GIGABYTE Announce Worldwide Overclocking Competition
Fantastic prizes to be awarded in multiple categories by GIGABYTE, FSP, Maxcube, GlacialTech, GSkill, and Enermax
Futuremark® Corporation today announced a new competition for PC overclockers everywhere. Utilizing AMD and GIGABYTE hardware, contestants worldwide will compete in two segments for the overall "Gigabyte Dragon" title within multiple prize award categories.
The contest entry period will run from Aug 17th to Sep 13th. Prizes will be awarded to first to third place finishers for the following segments, top 3DMark score and top CPU overclocking.
Grand prizes include GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P motherboard, FSP Everest 800 Watt power supply, Maxcube Amoris 6010 Architectural Designed Gaming Case, GlacialTech X-Wing Notebook Cooling Pad, Gskill F3 Triple Channel DDR3 6GB memory module, and Enermax Apollo series 12cm Fan. Additional prizes awarded to second and third place runner-ups as well as two weekly lucky draw prizes for GIGABYTE motherboards given away just for entering.
"This is the largest overclocking event of its type we've ever seen. We're delighted to be partnering with Futuremark to support GIGABYTE overclockers everywhere with this community building competition," said Tony Liao, GIGABYTE Marketing Director.
Contestants will be competing to see who can achieve the highest score with 3DMark06, a benchmark program from Futuremark that measures the 3D gaming performance capabilities of PCs. 3DMark software has been downloaded more than 45 million times. The 3DMark06 edition is currently the world's most popular benchmark and can be downloaded for free from the Futuremark website.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now