Gateway Introduces Intel Atom N270-equipped LT2000 Netbook
Gateway Inc. today introduces the Gateway LT2000, a new sleek and compact netbook with a 10.1-inch TFT LED-backlit display that will let mobile customers maximize their time on the go to stay connected and productive. At the core of the Gateway netbook line is excellent mobility and wireless communications, so customers can shop online, browse websites, make VOIP calls, and stay in touch with friends and colleagues via email and social networks. The Gateway LT2000 netbook line is powered by Intel Atom processors and can provide easy access to the Internet via Wi-Fi 802.11b/g.
Incredibly portable, the new Gateway LT2000 netbook line measures only about an inch thin and weighs only 2.62 pounds so it is comfortable to hold, easy to transport and fits neatly into a purse or backpack. Boasting the same fashionable design seen in the Gateway LT3100 netbooks launched last month, the new Gateway LT2000 netbooks come in NightSky Black and Cherry Red with an engraved Gateway logo and modern silver trim accents.
"The new sleek Gateway LT2000 netbooks let customers do more with their time on the go - from enjoying the Internet to video chatting and staying in touch via email and social networks," said Ray Sawall, senior product marketing manager for Gateway. "The expressive design is modern and stylish, looking perfect whether it's used for work or play."
Its 10.1-inch TFT LED-backlit LCD display gives today's mobile-savvy customer the room they need to view web pages, documents, email, digital media and more. The Gateway LT2000's petite form factor features all the ports for connecting to the latest peripherals. It has three USB 2.0, Ethernet and VGA as well as a multi-in-one digital card reader.
Additional Features Make it Incredibly Functional
The new Gateway LT2000 netbooks are well-equipped with features that make them highly useful for enjoying life on the go. They come with a full 1GB of memory and 160GB of hard drive space, so customers have ample room for music, photos and other files. The integrated webcam is ready to go with a simple software click. Customers can capture memories with still photos and live video that can be posted to personal blogs and sites like YouTube and Facebook. Also, video emails and video conferencing calls offer a more personal way to stay in touch.
The unique Multi-Gesture Touchpad on the new Gateway LT2000 netbooks lets users move around websites, documents and digital media in an incredibly intuitive way. For example, customers can swirl their fingers in a circular motion to scroll through web pages, long lists of files and music playlists. In addition, customers can move two fingers to flip through photos, web pages and PDF documents as well as make an inward or outward pinching motion to zoom in and out on photos and documents.
The new Gateway LT2000 netbooks use the latest Intel Atom processors to deliver excellent mobile performance while promoting extended battery life and power efficiency. The line provides up to 3 hours of battery life.
Available Configurations Pricing and Availability
The new Gateway LT2000 is available now in several configurations at a starting manufacturer's suggested retail price of US $299.99. One of the configurations follows:
- Intel Atom Processor N270 (1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 Cache)
- Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Home (Service Pack 3)
- 10.1-inch WSVGA 16:9 ratio TFT LCD (1024x600 resolution)
- Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset
- 1024MB DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM
- 160GB SATA 5400RPM Hard Drive
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
- 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
- Web Camera
- Two Built-in Stereo Speakers
- Dolby Headphone Technology
- Three USB 2.0 Ports
- 3-cell Li-ion Battery
- Chassis: NightSky Black
- One-Year Standard Warranty
- 2.62 lbs.
- 10.17 (w) x 7.24 (D) x 1.03 inches (H)
- Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: $299.99
Latest News Posts
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- eBay's new flash sale is perfect for extra Steam Summer Sale savings
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card