Transcend Teams Up with Trend Micro to Release Antivirus USB Flash Drives
Transcend Information, Inc., a worldwide leader in storage and multimedia products, today announced its alliance with Trend Micro, Inc., a global leader in Internet content security, to offer advanced Trend Micro USB Security software preloaded on its newest USB flash drive, the JetFlash V15. With this powerful combination of Transcend hardware and industry-leading Trend Micro software, users can now share, store and manage valuable data more safely and securely than ever.
To combat against a rise in Autorun malware that infect removable drives and then spread across corporate networks that Trend Micro threat researchers discovered last year, a unique software program called Trend Micro USB Security was developed specifically to protect against malicious content in files transferred to a USB flash drive. With its easy-to-use interface and simple one-step activation process, Trend Micro USB Security protects the JetFlash V15 from the first moment it is plugged in. If threats are discovered, users will be alerted and all infected files will be quarantined.
"Our USB Security software paired with Transcend's USB flash drive makes it easy for consumers to add another layer of powerful protection against Internet threats and viruses that could harm their irreplaceable data and files," said Carol Carpenter, vice president of consumer marketing. "We're pleased to be able to team with Transcend in delivering smart, easy-to-use security so consumers can enjoy online activities with peace of mind."
"We look forward to deploying Trend Micro's USB Security on our JetFlash V15," said Transcend Vice President Steve Chang. "This is an exciting partnership that ultimately improves the lives of portable storage users by giving them the convenience of storing anything on their JetFlash USB flash drive with confidence that their files are safe from harmful viruses."
When the JetFlash V15 is plugged into a computer with Internet access, Trend Micro USB Security will automatically download and install the latest security updates directly onto the drive. Thanks to its powerful Trend Micro USB Security built-in software, Transcend's JetFlash V15 AntiVirus USB Flash Drive can freely be used in any computer without having to worry about malicious data hitching a ride while transferring files.
Transcend's capless JetFlash V15 flash drive features a retractable USB connector with lock-switch, which makes the drive easier to use and protects it from damage during travel. Its shiny gloss design includes a convenient attachment hook that not only helps prevent accidental loss, but also makes the drive easier to remove from a USB port. With outstanding storage performance, a preloaded, full-featured, 90-day trial version of Trend Micro USB Security, plus Transcend's renowned global lifetime warranty service, the JetFlash V15 is a feature-packed portable storage device that offers users peace of mind by protecting precious personal data from hackers, viruses or cybercriminals.
Latest News Posts
- EA's Origin client is getting a new look, currently in beta
- Unlock new career paths with an in-demand tech certification
- Nintendo successfully patents external console upgrade box
- Nintendo NX might support Pokemon Go and other mobile games
- Xbox One S requires day one updates to play 4K video
- Antec GX505 Window SC Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio